PDA

View Full Version : Which Custom Firmware is the best to have?

orion233
July 8th, 2008, 04:15
My PSP is firmware 3.40 OE-A (I haven't touched it in a while but now I'm playing again!) and I was wondering if it was worth upgrading my firmware at this point(What would I gain from an update?). If so, which Custom firmware is the best to upgrade to?

PS: Does Resident Evil 2 work on PSP now?

dangee
July 8th, 2008, 08:57
3.40oea was just so stable and reliable for me , I only went m33 to play stakker not long ago.
Some other stuff (eg. game demos) also need a higher f/w.

orion233
July 8th, 2008, 15:41
Ok cool but what m33 do you have?

dangee
July 8th, 2008, 17:02
371-4.
no problems at all except for the offline .txt viewer in
the browser doesn't work.
Should have mentioned that custom themes are way easier on m33. You
can install .ctf files instead of flashing

pun1sh3r
July 10th, 2008, 00:22
I'm sure most people that stick to 3.40OE, just trust DA...and don't want to risk going to the firmwares not made by him of such high reputation.

That's in the past though, it's well known that DA is involved with M33 and there's nothing but good comments.

Should have mentioned that custom themes are way easier on m33. You
can install .ctf files instead of flashing
That's cause sony copied off the homebrewers incorporating themes into their firmwares.

I'd recommend 3.80M33...then once you have that, all your updating can be done though Network Update!

Right now the newest is 4.01M33-2.

orion233
July 10th, 2008, 19:10
I'm sure most people that stick to 3.40OE, just trust DA...and don't want to risk going to the firmwares not made by him of such high reputation.

That's in the past though, it's well known that DA is involved with M33 and there's nothing but good comments.

That's cause sony copied off the homebrewers incorporating themes into their firmwares.

I'd recommend 3.80M33...then once you have that, all your updating can be done though Network Update!

Right now the newest is 4.01M33-2.

What do you mean by Network Updating?

Flash0Error
July 11th, 2008, 09:39
I think personaly that the 3.90 m33-2 is the best, i don't know why, i just think so.
Maybe it's because it's the first firmware i started with when i downgraded my psp. =)

pun1sh3r
July 15th, 2008, 04:08
What do you mean by Network Updating?

I mean you go to USB Connection on Settings, press up, and update through the internet rather than...

Download zip...
unzip...
download 150.pbp, download 3XX.pbp, put in X, run.

It's idiot proof!

I think personaly that the 3.90 m33-2 is the best, i don't know why, i just think so.
Maybe it's because it's the first firmware i started with when i downgraded my psp. =)
Just go to Network Update...try it out.