PDA

View Full Version : I just bought this Xbox 360 game...

Darksaviour69
July 8th, 2008, 12:03
Post the last Xbox 360 game you bought.

------------

last night I bought the legionary halo 3 plans (600points, down from 800points) and RezHD (800points). I was going to wait to buy Rez, as I was a big fan of it on the Dreamcast, but I had GTA4 and Halo to play and money was short. Finally I have a little bit of money on my card now ;)

beetroot bertie
July 8th, 2008, 12:46
I've pre-ordered Soul Calibur IV. Can't wait, as the Dreamcast version was fantastic. I'll hopefully have a Hori Fighting Stick from Amazon by the time the game arrives :)

Ohter than that, the last game I bought was Guitar Hero II which is excellent. I started some tracks on Hard last night and got totally overwhelmed by it all. I'm gonna need to practice so much :)

Man, what's wrong with this site. It always seems to log me out or forget I'm logged in. Let's try this again (3rd attempt)...

Cloudhunter
July 8th, 2008, 13:03
I bought Burnout Revenge and Bioshock pre-owned...

Which reminds me, I need to put my Xbox Live name in my sig... Done ;)

Cloudy

Darksaviour69
July 8th, 2008, 15:31
Cloudhunter: I added you to the dcemu xbox leader board (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39213)

beetroot bertie: did you get Soul Calibur on XBLA

beetroot bertie
July 8th, 2008, 22:43
Nah. I only have 700 pts to spend and can't be arsed buying any more just yet. I have Soul Calibur 2 already for backward compatibility and still have my DC hooked up via VGA if required. That said, the DC hardly gets used these days and I'm struggling to get through my existing 360 games. Saints Row has kept me busy for some time now and I seem to spend more time reading about games than actually playing them. Something I need to address :D

pibs
July 9th, 2008, 09:31
Last game I bought was Ms Pac Man lol

Im going to buy Soul Calibur, its a shame it doesn't have online support :(

Darksaviour69
July 9th, 2008, 10:05
I got Ms Pac Man when its came out, should have waited for Pac Man CE

pibs
July 9th, 2008, 10:10
I got Ms Pac Man when its came out, should have waited for Pac Man CE

Is it better?

I also bought Rock Band songs but doesn't really count as a game...

Darksaviour69
July 9th, 2008, 10:16
from what read (reviews) its a bit better, but Ms pac man is better than just original pac man (was was first released on live)

pibs
July 9th, 2008, 10:20
I really need to purchase REZ HD, I tried the demo and LOVED it!

one question though since u did purchase it, does it get repetitive?

Darksaviour69
July 9th, 2008, 10:35
I only just got it, but I played it to death on the dreamcast, and now playing it again, I realised I forgot just how awesome it was.

Sure its short, but to quote a line from Blade Runner, "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly. "

pibs
July 9th, 2008, 10:44
Hah I am gonna buy it but first got to pick up some more points at the store 2morrow.

The visuals and sounds are truly amazing in that game. Spending 8bucks on a 360 VGA cable was the best money Ive ever spent.

Eviltaco64
July 9th, 2008, 10:48
Hmm, I wonder if they have a Trance Vibrator for Rez HD

Darksaviour69
July 9th, 2008, 11:48
You can set it up so that either the first or second controler will Vibrate (Trance) to the music... but sure what ever your into.... different strokes, for different folks

Eviltaco64
July 9th, 2008, 11:53
Ha, I wouldnt use that. I just find something like that funny is all.

Darksaviour69
July 9th, 2008, 11:56
look, buddy, I ain't judging ya. What ever makes you happy...

Baboon
July 9th, 2008, 12:08
last game I recently bought was Battlefield Bad Company.

I felt like a change from COD4 as I'm bored of that game now after canning since it came out. Although I've not had loadsa time to play BC (due to my misses hogging the tv etc) the time I've spent on the multiplayer online battles are spot on!

It doesn't look quite as nice as COD4 but the online battles, complete with destructible scenery, the use of vehicles (tanks, helicopters, jeeps, boats etc) make this an essential purchase if you like your shooters.

Other than that I bought Commando WOTB when that came out... which isn't the best game in the world. The SF2 remix beta that was bundled with it is ok but its so buggy and flawed that its not really playable as it is (and I know its a beta but this feels more like an alpha).

I reckon my next purcashe will also be Soul Calibur IV. :)

Eviltaco64
July 9th, 2008, 12:22
look, buddy, I ain't judging ya. What ever makes you happy...

IM SERIOUS MAN!!! WHY WONT YOU BELIEVE THAT I DONT USE ONE OF THESE (pulls Trance Vibrator out of his pants)!!1!

Also baboon is Battlefield Bad Company good?

Baboon
July 9th, 2008, 12:46
Yep its defo worth a purchase. Like I said I prefer it over cod4 with the open scenery battles etc. :)

Darksaviour69
July 15th, 2008, 14:52
just got Mass Effect preowned for £10, was sale in GAME. was planing to get Mass Effect at some stage, but I Have loads to play at the mo (GTA 4 side stories, The Club, Rez, Halo 3, and was going to borrow COD4 of a mate), but at that price it was too tempting.

5hrs in and I getting to it now, not sure about all the different ability etc, but getting it now. Its really throws you in to the deep end at the start of the game.