PDA

View Full Version : Easier way to cancel your Live Account Subscription

pibs
July 9th, 2008, 09:44
Edit: Seems this method only works in the US, If you are in the UK ring MS on 0800 587 1102 to cancel

This is currently the only way I know possible besides having to wait 45 minutes(including the 30 day cancellation time required) on the phone to remove your credit card info off the live service.

1. go to paypal and install the paypal one time use credit card plugin
2. go to http://www.billing.microsoft.com
3. generate a one time use credit card number from the paypal plugin and save. (you can even have it fill everything out for you)
4. log into paypal and remove the credit card number from your list of generated cards.

Simple. all in all takes like 5 min. a lot better than trying to find bogus cards because the address will still be tied to your real one.. this way it still get's validated by MS. When you remove the card from paypal all will be complete.

I hope this gets stickied, it would sure help alot of people time and money

And remember, don't ever give MS your credit card info again;)

Why didn't MS create an easy cancel method?

Darksaviour69
July 9th, 2008, 10:11
Nice, they really should have a online way to cancel your card/xbox live account. I was in Australia when I wanted to cancel my UK xbox live account, pain in the ass.

pibs
July 9th, 2008, 10:17
Not only that but if your 360 gets stolen you will likely get charges made by that thief.

Don't get me wrong, I love the service but MS should really fix this over all other issues.

TokyoKitty
July 10th, 2008, 12:14
Hey guys,

Can you post a link to the paypal plug-in? when I go to the link it gives me a link saying "Retry" and says page not found

I need to cancel my account too since I haven't used it in like forever, but they still charge me each month :o

PS: I live in the UK so maybe I need a UK link to it :p

Thanks!

Darksaviour69
July 10th, 2008, 13:03
bad news, seems like they don't offer the paypal method in the uk :(

you will have to ring the hot line. 0800 587 1102

pibs
July 10th, 2008, 16:30
TokyoKitty if you can, cancel that credit card and talk to ur bank and ask them to put a stop to all charges made by MS since you haven't authorized them. Or you can deal with MS on the phone but its gonna be a pain in the ass trust me.

realg187
October 7th, 2009, 22:20
Paypal let's you make temporary credit cards? That's cool because if I need something that doesn't take Paypal but takes credit cards I can still use Paypal from my bank and not have to goto money mart and wait in line and pay all these fees.