PDA

View Full Version : LIVE Activity for week of June 30th

Darksaviour69
July 9th, 2008, 09:53
It seems that Soul Calibur has been a big hit topping the XBLA chart and getting in to the top 10 of the most played Xbox games. With Rez HD and Ikaruga also big hits for XBLA it make you wonder, did all those Dreamcast/Sega fans move on to the Xbox? (I know I did ;) )

Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3, continues to sell well, mostly likely driven by the Street Fighter HD beta (not unlike Crackdown: Halo beta of last year)

Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (based on UU’s)
1 Call of Duty 4
2 Halo 3
3 GTA IV
4 Guitar Hero III
5 Gears of War
6 Battlefield: Bad Company
7 Rock Band
8 Battlefield: Bad Company Demo
9 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
10 Soul Calibur

Top Arcade Titles (Full Versions)
1 Soul Calibur
2 Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3
3 UNO
4 Ticket to Ride
5 Happy Tree Friends
6 DOOM
7 N+
8 Street Fighter II' Hyper Fighting
9 Worms
10 Sonic The Hedgehog 2
The above arcade list is based on full versions purchased.

Next week, will Bungie day (and a new free map) help knock Halo 3 beat COD4 to the number one spot?

Red = New

Source: Major Nelson (http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/07/08/live-activity-for-week-of-june-30th.aspx)

Baboon
July 9th, 2008, 11:44
Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (based on UU’s)
1 Call of Duty 4
2 Halo 3
3 GTA IV
4 Guitar Hero III
5 Gears of War
6 Battlefield: Bad Company
7 Rock Band
8 Battlefield: Bad Company Demo
9 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
10 Soul Calibur

Source: Major Nelson (http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/07/08/live-activity-for-week-of-june-30th.aspx)

I can understand it doing well in the arcade titles section but its a bit naughty really Soul Calibur being in the live chart considering the only thing thats 'live' is the online scorebaords as you can't do online vs battles. lol

Darksaviour69
July 9th, 2008, 11:53
All games are ranked, even if they have no online feature (but they have to, to get published), its based on games you are playing while you "signed on" to xbox live, you don't have to be playing the game online. That's why GTA 4 was no 1 for the first few weeks, but as people completed the game, they did not play it as much.

Really its not fair on solo games as people could be playing it off-line, while all multiplayer games online games will be traked (clearly). Still Interesting stats.