PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast detects burned game as audio cd

RockmanHX
July 10th, 2008, 07:35
So on my Mac, I burned a .cdi file after converting it to .nrg in toast, and converting the file in cdi2nero. Then, when I go to play it in my dreamcast, it thinks its an audio Cd. How can I get it to read the disc as a game?

JKKDARK
July 10th, 2008, 11:04
Put the original disc and it will play correctly.

Darksaviour69
July 10th, 2008, 11:08
what are you trying to burn?

btw warez disscusion is not allowed on the forums, homebrew (emulators) only.

dcdood
July 12th, 2008, 16:36
Can You play it as a game? Homebrew Discs are recognized as an Audio CD but normally boot in game mode unless something screwed up during the boot and it won't auto-boot like some games but the disc data is intact!

2 options:

Exit out and see if you can play the game in the bios menu with out the "Please Insert Game Disc!" Message
Use DCHakkar first, swap the disc and load first boot

Dreamcast Normally boots to load the original OS or Windows CE OS, so Warez won't work! (i never did warez and i never used this app for it but i tried some homebrew MP3 Player Developed for CE but it did not work!) So If your doing warez and it won't boot, ask somewhere else, like mentioned before warez is illegal. but DCHakkar will work for Homebrew!

fackue
July 14th, 2008, 23:11
Try reading the Burning DiscJuggler images (?cdi images?) section of this Dreamcast burning tutorial for Mac users (http://dchelp.net/index.php?id=macuser).