PDA

View Full Version : I have upgraded my PSP to 2.01 and can't seem to get any emulators to work

Dunamas
October 7th, 2005, 18:05
When I try to start a emulator on my PSP it says that the game can't be started and that its corrupted. I thought I have been following the instructions. Like I said I have a PSP version 2.01 is there any emulators that support that version? Or am I doing something wrong. There is a downgrader that I have read about it. But the readme says that it hasn't been tested and I really don't want to use that. I don't want it to kill my system. Please help me.

chrisvenn
October 7th, 2005, 18:27
Is this a joke?

I advise you reading the forum before posting questions like this.

In short you have upgraded to 2.01 so your screwed you cant even downgrade.

RedKing14CA
October 7th, 2005, 19:00
take your psp back to where you bought it! and make them give you a different one...

Dunamas
October 7th, 2005, 19:11
Geez Thanks for the info. And what am I going to tell them where I bought it.
"Hey I bought this PSP and I upgraded it to a better version and now I can't seem to get emulators to work on it."
There going to look at me like I'm stupid. There is nothing wrong with it. Besides, eventually someone will be able to crack the 2.01 version. It might be a couple of months, maybe a year. Until then I'll buy games.

bundi
October 7th, 2005, 21:40
;) Apparantly you can use MPH downgrader but put the file in the music folder instead for a PSP v2.01. I have not tried it and cannot verify it correct or where I read it from cant remember.

If you try I very much doubt it will screw anything up. Besides if Sony have made the PSP so tight now it wont work.

Let me know if this does work for you.

By the way I have done it with the picture folder on a v2.0 and it works took about five tries though. You need to see the lines of code for it to work. If not reset and try again

pepegomez
October 8th, 2005, 12:14
afaik ist it normally possble to get ur money back for any kind of undamaged hardware. tell tehm that u dont like the psp and that u want ur money.
buy a new one elsewhere ^^

ThomasLeFevre
October 8th, 2005, 12:28
i swear this is gunna kill me if it goes on *AND THE WORLDS MOST GULLIBLE POSTER AWARD GOES TOO.........DUNAMAS*

Borknik
October 8th, 2005, 15:10
this is off topic, but does anyone know how to get game genie for nesterj onto the psp? I've been looking for it but I cant seem to find one. :confused: if anyone knows where to get it then please post a link. if not, I'll just keep on looking.

IndianCheese
October 9th, 2005, 20:46
Here's an idea:

Rename "overflow.tif" to "ICON0.PNG"
Use PBP Unpacker to put it into a 2.01 update
Put the PBP onto your PSP and go into the Memory Stick Games

Wouldn't it be funny if that worked?

ataribob
October 9th, 2005, 21:09
It won't that's the one bug sony fixed.

Sony has not fixed the SX version changer that lets you go to 2.01

Only a newbie would upgrade to 2.01 before they know any better.
Mines 2.01 and I can play anything

Borknik
October 9th, 2005, 21:46
I reiterate, does somebody know anything about what I posted about above?
please respond.

Borknik
October 16th, 2005, 02:49
oh, to hell with it, then!

Jdemon
October 16th, 2005, 03:11
Here Borknik!!!

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11451&highlight=game+genie

ataribob
October 16th, 2005, 03:12
You upgraded to 2.01 and tried emu.

The only thing you can play are games you buy only.

Bye Bye