PDA

View Full Version : New Doom 2 PWAD: Quake 2

DCEmu_Newsposter
October 20th, 2004, 10:35
Found this news over at the very best GP32 scene site, GP32 Extreme (http://www.gp32x.com/) [br][br] Drumaster released a new PWAD for Doom 2: Quake 2.[br] [br]You can download it either below or on his site http://lajulie.free.fr/quake2.htm[br]Note that you need Doom 2 to play it. [br][br]Its worth a try with any of the Doom Ports on the Dreamcast.[br][br]If it works please let us know, also the same site has a ton of Doom Pwads that need testing for Dreamcast compatible issues :)

MetaFox
October 21st, 2004, 02:06
All of those wads are playable on nxDoom, but the title screens are not displayed.

Simple fix: the title screens are displayed in 320x240 resolution - downsize them to 320x200, and the WADs work perfectly.

I can upload WADs with the sizes changed if wanted, but not now - it's 5:42AM - I'm supposed to be sleeping. ;)

wraggster
October 21st, 2004, 10:12
yes please Metafox ;)

what about the other wads on that site ;)

especially the starwars one

diego777
October 21st, 2004, 13:06
Can you explain a cd structure please?

I supose:

1st_read
ip
doom2.wad
quake2.wad

optional
mini.cgf
mini/blablabal

is ok?
Thanks from Argentina

MetaFox
October 21st, 2004, 18:14
yes please Metafox ;)

what about the other wads on that site ;)

especially the starwars oneo_o

I must be blind, or we're talking about different sites. :P

All I see is DukeGP, Quake II, Heretic, and Doom64.

wraggster
October 21st, 2004, 18:23
er must be me then bah :P

MetaFox
October 22nd, 2004, 02:13
I found the site you were talking about.

Most of the files are total conversions, but the Star Wars mod is a partial conversion.

I've merged it with FreeDoom if you want to try it out, or I can upload the partial conversion if you'd rather.

http://dreamon.cyberdogcastle.com/doommods.shtml

wraggster
October 27th, 2004, 00:25
are those mods like games of their own now?

ie just download and burn?

MetaFox
October 27th, 2004, 07:37
are those mods like games of their own now?

ie just download and burn?Well, you have to set up a modlist.txt up for nxQuake...

But, yeah - they don't need the official doom wads to work.

Darksaviour69
October 27th, 2004, 08:10
so could we release a cd image of all these mods

btw do u mean nxDoom not nxQuake

MetaFox
October 28th, 2004, 11:39
so could we release a cd image of all these mods

btw do u mean nxDoom not nxQuake
Yeah, nxDoom. Sorry, I mistyped. :-[

Christuserloeser
October 31st, 2004, 02:53
? - Have you or anyone else tried this? Afaik all these mods need the commercial DOOM2.WAD to work with nxDOOM (and then there's still a resolution issue with the title screens if the WAD origin is DOOM for GP32)... I'd love to be proven wrong though :o

@ diego777: Your directory structure looks like you aren't using nxDoom, but most-likely Doom4DC - I'd suggest downloading nxDoom v2.2b instead. There's a readme.txt explaining the needed directory structure.

MetaFox
November 6th, 2004, 20:42
? - Have you or anyone else tried this? Afaik all these mods need the commercial DOOM2.WAD to work with nxDOOM (and then there's still a resolution issue with the title screens if the WAD origin is DOOM for GP32)... I'd love to be proven wrong though :oI've tried 'em all on the Windows version of nxQuake and they worked fine.

The ones that didn't load up on their own, I combined with the doom2.wad replacement from FreeDoom. :P

I also changed the resolution of the GP32 screens so they'd work just fine on non-GP32 platforms such as Dreamcast. :)

Christuserloeser
November 6th, 2004, 20:58
Interesting, but i still think they won't work with nxDoom for Dreamcast :'(
I'll try it out and report back asap though.

MetaFox
November 7th, 2004, 12:01
Interesting, but i still think they won't work with nxDoom for Dreamcast :'(If they work with nxDoom for Windows, they work for Dreamcast. It's the same codebase.

wraggster
November 7th, 2004, 12:45
hmm any chance of a cd image :)

Christuserloeser
November 7th, 2004, 13:31
Let's try them out with nxDoom. DCEvo has a started project that's currently on hold because of the need of the commercial Doom2.wad in order to get them working with nxDoom for DC.
@Meta: Check the Contributors forum at DCEvo. ;)

wraggster
November 7th, 2004, 13:43
good stuff nice to see

lets hope we can get an image sorted asap :)