PDA

View Full Version : VBADC is compiled with Chui SDL Driver

dcsteve
October 9th, 2005, 04:44
OK, GPF compiled VTA (VBA DC) with Chui's driver. The old sdl driver only allowed for games to run at 3-5 fps. What did changing it with chui's new sdl driver do? Absolutely nothing at all, it still runs at 3-5 fps in preliminary compilation and testing.

Chui- I pmed you the link to this source (which he gave me link only for your use right now) with your driver to see if you want to find out why this is happening.

quzar
October 9th, 2005, 05:01
dma transferring is not necessarily faster and that is the big feature of this. it is OVERALL faster only because of lots of random things, but when a program is running at 1/20th the speed, then doubling the speed even wouldn't be that noticable. think about it. 3fps - 6fps is doubling the speed.

also, if you are going to PM all the members who are involved DONT POST.

dcsteve
October 9th, 2005, 18:10
Ron just released a different compile of the same thing. I havent tested it to see a difference b/w his and gpf's releases.

chui
October 10th, 2005, 00:02
Dreamcast can't emulate GBA console, 3-5 fps is a serius problem.

dcsteve
October 10th, 2005, 00:30
my old 233 mhz laptop can play vba full speed with sound on many games (10 out of 50) the rest run b/w 40-90 speed

chui
October 10th, 2005, 02:12
It's strange, i've test vba wih my p4 mobile switching cpu speed and VBA works fine without filters up to 450Mhz.

Try to pass profile to VBA for locating problems, see src/profile.c at neo4all beta-3.