PDA

View Full Version : where is JMD and DREAMCPC?

DARKGATE
October 9th, 2005, 15:07
=| i don't see many time JMD, and no news on Dreamcpc, =| what happen?
Remember wich a new version get out the first of september, but nothing =| there are problems, i hope wich JMD is OK =)
Progress,for you great emu JMD, from an AMSTRAD fan =) bye.

ron
October 9th, 2005, 16:19
Yeah, JMD is working on beta release of DreamCPC.

Expect great new features and fixes in all aspects. Greetings

obelisk
October 9th, 2005, 18:29
in the next version i would like to know what file types it supports and how many files i cn put in directory. i would also like it if i didn't have to power off the dc to restart it, and a menu system that didn't lock would be cool too. i'm shutting up now.

JMD
October 9th, 2005, 21:58
Hi,
I'm making a pause for few weeks : I lost interest in devving for now (should come back one day ;)).
i correct some of the GUI pbm : the key mapping, the file browser, the auto screen size, the border color.
A also correct some sound and speed emulation pbm but a lot of pbm still there.

I will try to put a 3rd version this week : should not be perfect but should be good enough.

Starscream
October 13th, 2005, 14:09
Oh, that's a bit of a shame, I just started to sort of discover the cpc software library, so to speak. Anyway, any efforts are much appreciated.

Oh right: Happy birthday!

JMD
October 13th, 2005, 23:29
Thanks.

ron
October 14th, 2005, 11:50
JMD do you think that are few changes and fixes ??., whoauuu You ROCK the DC cos you're GREAT.

DARKGATE
October 14th, 2005, 17:07
o_o oh my god, JMD you think of abandon the DREAMCAST SCENE?
:°°°°| i am sad =( .

JMD
October 14th, 2005, 21:38
Abandon :/ , I don't know .... Just need a pause because I haven't many time to spend in devvin' and my life is quite busy for few month : need a break. Not a DC break but more a coding break : I still around ;).
Next DreamCPC will be far better than 2nd version : The Spanish scene (thanks to all of them ;)) test it for me now. If they find it good enough, I will release it.

Really thanks for your support.

DARKGATE
October 15th, 2005, 02:22
=) GOOD LUCK FOR ALL, and thank you i hope of see you next works, in a NEXT FUTURE.
The amstrad cpc was my first great computer, i hope of see the last version of dreamcpc soon.
However the DREAMCAST lost a great coder =) bye.

obelisk
October 15th, 2005, 19:03
good to hear that you're going forward, JMD. Enjoy a few weeks for yourself, and pay attention to what you need to. oh, and I heard that europe doesn't celebrate it, but, early Happy Halloween from northern California.

JMD
October 16th, 2005, 21:30
Hi,

Here ( http://jm1200.free.fr/DreamCPC_alpha_3.zip) is the alpha 3 version of DreamCPC.

Changes are :
- Correct the the key mapping bug
- Recode the file browser
- recode the auto screen size
- add the border color
- correct some sound pbm : add speed + sound better
- Change timing main loop : add speed

It still a lot of improvement to do so I need your help. Please give me feed back about :
- compatibility
- recurrent bugs (if you find the same bug in many games)
- Gui improvement I can add
- Port pbm ( sound render, gfx render etc …)

Thanks to all your supports and testers (ron ;)). Have fun with this release.