PDA

View Full Version : 1.50 Web Browser from Me (not made by me!)

IndianCheese
October 11th, 2005, 02:07
Here is the underground Tenchi Browser and Loader. I had some trouble finding it, and I noticed it wasn't on http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/, so here it is. Hopefully, wraggster will add it to the Applications list. NOTE: THIS IS NOT A GAME ISO! IT IS NOT ILLEGAL! It is a rip of a section of a PSP game that happens to be a web browser. READ THE README BEFORE DOING ANYTHING! You'll screw it up.

Also, this homebrew/rip was not made by me. I gave credit to the guy who made it in the Readme.

This may not beat the 2.00 web browser, but it feels good to be back in the groooooove with da wheb brahzin'!

Skye
October 11th, 2005, 02:39
Technically it's still copyrighted and therefor illegal but so are alot of things. :P

PSP_Newbie
October 11th, 2005, 03:28
well, its not actually a rip of a game, but a demo disk, so im pretty sure its fine

Skye
October 11th, 2005, 03:40
I'm not saying anything as I have used it quite alot also, I'm just stating that it's still copyrighted. Some emulation sites are really touchy with stuff like that. I think it works wonderfully, and it's certainly better than nothing. =D

Rybotnik
October 11th, 2005, 10:47
for some odd reason I can't get this one going.... I even resisted the urge to hide the corrupted data image and change the folder names, thinking that would have somthing to do with it, but I just get as far as the black load screen then an error... yikes :confused:

ataribob
October 11th, 2005, 15:55
English Forum and Japanese web browser does not please most :mad:

PSP_Newbie
October 12th, 2005, 00:20
rybo, do you have all the right files in the GAME folder AND the other ones that go at root of the stick?

bob, its japanese startup, but the rest of the web browser is whatever language the site you go to is, and pressing select button twice or thrice changes text entry to english, so the only thing thats jp is the things that arent really important in menu and such that you can figure out

ataribob
October 12th, 2005, 00:29
Cool thanks :-)

IndianCheese
October 12th, 2005, 03:01
Where Is My Release?!

Rybotnik
October 12th, 2005, 23:57
lets see here....

brw and brw% in the game folder.... check

brw_game in the root dir.... check

yeah, so is anyone else having a problem loading this one up. heres my setup. PSP 1.5 (not downgraded) wab verson changer has me at 2.0. I have other folders in the root dir, but that shouldn't effect it now should it? :confused: :eek:

serpentor
October 13th, 2005, 20:22
Is this better than the Wipeout browser?

parabolee
October 14th, 2005, 03:54
yes it's better than the wipeout browser.

Also anyone having a problem with this might want to try resetting there PSP settings to default. I don't know why but someone else I was trying to help could not get it going untill they did that.

Also here's my guides for this -

------------------------------------------------------------------
REVIEW

Good points -

+ Fast load times
+ Editable HTML web page portal to place all the links you want.
+ Software keyboard (need to press SELECT twice to get to english characters)
+ Option to jump back to main "web portal" page with your links on
+ Works with most web sites.
+ I added a BACK button :) (version attached to this thread)
+ Works perfect for my Web Comic

Bad points -

- Although easy to figure out, the menus are in Japanese
- Other than your editable web portal page there are no bookmarks
- No built in back button
- Doesn't support Flash
- Large web pages wont let you scroll down untill page is loaded
- Some websites lock up and you need to exit
- Appears to refuse to load large images after it has loaded a few (mainly in web comics, I noticed this)
- Can't login in to Gmail or web forums (as far as I can tell anyway).

It's not bad at all and far easier to set up than the Wipeout one, in fact if you already have your WiFi network setup then after you put it on your memory card there is nothing else to do but edit the web portal page (index.html) to include any links you want (it has google only as default).

-----------------------------------------------------------------
TIPS

For some reason if you only press select twice to the larger english font you will lose anything written after a space when submitted (eg google and web forms), so instead of a space put a full stop, it will change it into a space!

So when -

flat life = FLAT
flat.life = FLAT LIFE

I was really frustrated untill I figured this out because how often do you want to search for something with one word!

BUT I ALSO FIGURED OUT that if you press select THREE times to the smaller english font, it works fine without having to use full stops for spaces.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
CONNECTING

I wrote a quick and simple guide for getting connected on this -

If you already have a saved profile for a WiFi connection, open up the Web Browser and the INDEX.HTML will load with whatever links you have in it. Once you click a link it will come up a screen that looks like this -

---------------------------------------------------------------------

######################

############ <----------------- This will be highlighted

######

##########################
##################

X ## O ##
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Press O with the one that is highlighted. I believe we are selecting
what connection mode to use, it should be the first which is Infastructure mode I think.

The next screen will look like this -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
0 ############

##################

- ########## -

"Name of your network setup"

X ### O ###

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is obviously asking what connection setup you want to use, you
should have already set up a INFASTRUCTURE MODE connection setup.
Select the network setting name that you have previously setup by
pressing O.

It will come up with a screen that translated would say "Attempting to
make connection". as long as your WiFi setup is correct (which you can
test when you set it up) it will connect after abou 5 - 10 seconds and
load the web page.

DONE

You can find help on setting up a WiFI network connection in other forums.

dr.james
October 14th, 2005, 19:08
+ I added a BACK button :) (version attached to this thread)

would be nice if you did that :D would really appreciate it! thanks for the great setup walkthrough!!

ForteGSX
October 14th, 2005, 20:04
Hmmm, It lets me sign into Gmail and into all of the web forums I go to... Hmm, it might be specifics though...

pspfan
October 16th, 2005, 08:59
yes it's better than the wipeout browser.

What does this have that the Wipeout Browser doesn't? The Wipeout Browser is in English, has javascript support, has a forward and back button and a refresh button, and everything in the Tenchi Browser. In my opinion the wipeout browser is better.

karenwang
October 16th, 2005, 09:35
Dear friends,
How are you?
Have you ever found us? anyway, kindly let me take this chance to introduce you our company:
we are a company engaged in Chinese antique furniture and arts and we do wholesale business abroad.We offer furniture such as beds,benches,cabinets,chairs,coffers,stands,stools ,tables,desks,Tibetan and Mongolia furnishings and so on.As well as furniture,we have arts,decoratives,architecture and other perfect things.
We have a large warehouse over 93276 square foot area. It has developed many customers in North America, and Canada and other countries. And our price is lower than the others with good quality.
Kindly do not hesitate to let us know how can we help you to support and stand on you. We'll be more than delightful to develop any inquiries you may have and any concern we may help you solve in the future.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Karen
Mingdragon Gallery,BeiJing
Address:No.616 XinDian Village,TongZhou District,BeiJing,China
Voice:13521208079
E-mail:[email protected]

pspfan
October 16th, 2005, 09:42
Dear friends,
How are you?
Have you ever found us? anyway, kindly let me take this chance to introduce you our company:
we are a company engaged in Chinese antique furniture and arts and we do wholesale business abroad.We offer furniture such as beds,benches,cabinets,chairs,coffers,stands,stools ,tables,desks,Tibetan and Mongolia furnishings and so on.As well as furniture,we have arts,decoratives,architecture and other perfect things.
We have a large warehouse over 93276 square foot area. It has developed many customers in North America, and Canada and other countries. And our price is lower than the others with good quality.
Kindly do not hesitate to let us know how can we help you to support and stand on you. We'll be more than delightful to develop any inquiries you may have and any concern we may help you solve in the future.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Karen
Mingdragon Gallery,BeiJing
Address:No.616 XinDian Village,TongZhou District,BeiJing,China
Voice:13521208079
E-mail:[email protected]

Three letters: W-T-F!

wraggster
October 16th, 2005, 11:54
hmm im sure this is illegal so i may remove the download as it was ripped from a commercial game. ill get further info on the subject