PDA

View Full Version : What is the best PSP SNES emulator?

PSPworshiper
October 11th, 2005, 01:46
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if someone can tell me what the best SNES emulator for the PSP is. :)

Skye
October 11th, 2005, 02:03
I would consider that SnesPSP TYL you can get it at http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/snes9xTYL-0.2c.zip

PSPworshiper
October 11th, 2005, 02:05
Thx for the help

Skye
October 11th, 2005, 02:36
No problem, alot of the games run a tad bit slow. Just search around the forum, I'm sure there are threads that have the optimial settings for most games. I personally set the frameskip to 2/3 any higher and I start to notice the frames being droped. Sound can bog down the framerate quite abit also. I usually just have it set to 11KHz for the playback rate. Just to warn you turning the sound complete off in the emu can have diverse effects so I would recommend against it for now. If you need to, turn the sound to emulated/no output if you want to give it alittle speed boost.

DraconumPB
October 11th, 2005, 18:02
For example, the best way to play FF III is as such...

Clock speed: 333 Mhz

Frameskip: 0 or 1

View: 1:1

Gfx mode: PSP Accelerated + approx. software

Speed Limit: On or off depending on whether or not the game is running too fast ;) (Speed limit keeps the game from going at a ridiculous speed when not alot is going on + there are speed-enhancing options set.)

Sound: 11 khz or emulated/off. Sucks I know but off helps ALOT with speed. With it off you might even boost it by 10 FPS.

Best thing to do then while playing is to switch between 0 or 1 frameskip as necessary. With these settings and with using the FF III ROM I found that it's hardly ever necessary to do any more. I often get 40-60+ FPS if not more (that is, apparent FPS, not just processed FPS =p)

Skye
October 11th, 2005, 21:06
Yeah I forgot to mention 333Mhz. =P Anything under that and your game, depending on what it is will be considerably slower.