PDA

View Full Version : Is there an application that allows DS flash carts to recieve files from your PC?

yatesl
July 17th, 2008, 01:09
Sorry if this has already been asked, answered, or is in the wrong place.

Basically, I'm looking for a homebrew application that allows me to send and recieve files to and from my wireless laptop, to my MicroSD card in my R4DS. This is because the spring inside has broken, and as I'm too cheap to buy a new one/too inept to open and fix it, I try to keep the card in as much as possible (held down by sticky tape :thumbup:)

I've used a program before that allowed me to send (and recieve) save files from the actual DS games themselves, so I know it's possible. However, after looking round Google (and, in part, not knowing how to phrase it), my searches have been in vain.

Thanks in advance, and if I've broken any rules/done anything wrong, then apologies.

trugamer
July 17th, 2008, 14:36
The only things i can think of are using dsorganize's ability to download from the internet- you can downlaod straight from a web page or you can set up your own FTP server on your computer and downlaod it from there- but you would have to have knowledge of how to do this.

There is also dsftp but as it is a server i'm not sure if it can act as a client as well, with the ability to download onto the ds rather than upload up to pc. I also have no idea how to use it as I don't have any ftp experience, and seems more useful as a tool for developers.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.