PDA

View Full Version : So how many of you guys still go online with VC and HBC installed

qwerty11
July 17th, 2008, 10:55
I thought this was kind of interesting as there were allot of rumors circulating that Nintendo could detect the tickets on your wii from your downloaded VC games/HBC.

I myself still play Brawl online and use the internet channel even though i have the homebrew channel installed, I even updated my wii from 3.2e to 3.3 with 2 downloaded VC games (which i actually still own on the n64).

So what about you guys?

linkinworm
July 20th, 2008, 20:04
yea i go online on mario RX, i dont see how nintendo will really do anything tbh.

maeurd
July 28th, 2008, 23:57
I thought this was kind of interesting as there were allot of rumors circulating that Nintendo could detect the tickets on your wii from your downloaded VC games/HBC.

I myself still play Brawl online and use the internet channel even though i have the homebrew channel installed, I even updated my wii from 3.2e to 3.3 with 2 downloaded VC games (which i actually still own on the n64).

So what about you guys?
I do, both with Mario Kart Wii online and Brawl online, but the ironic thing is that I live in the UK, where titles for wiiware such as my pokemon ranch haven't even come out yet, and I've installed the WAD of it onto my wii, and still play online frequently, even enabling wifi connection and ranch visitors isn't stopped by nintendo. It's pretty safe to install anything on your Wii, just one tip : If it's not bought, i.e. a downloaded VC game, don't give your opinion on it using the nintendo channel, as nintendo look into all commented
titles, to see if the user is valid, and will only take action in that circumstance. I hope this helped!

dahun
July 29th, 2008, 02:12
ya why wouldnt i? its nearly imposible for the N to figure out

CxR2262
August 30th, 2008, 01:28
They have no reason to do anything unless your using illegal things like unlicensed WADs or VCs, I just use Homebrew Channel and I'd argue to get my privileges back if they took um away.

Jay6
October 14th, 2008, 06:36
Who'd be paranoid? Nintendo's not going to pass judgment on you for having the HBC. They just don't care enough.

sean.aaron
October 14th, 2008, 15:46
I have no fear. Only things I run the HBC for are GeckoOS and AnyRegionChanger to run my legit import Wii and Gamecube games -- well until SDLMAME/Wii Linux gets sorted. I certainly don't let that affect my online gaming, though I will remove the HBC in the event I need to send my Wii in for repairs again.

nyrol
October 14th, 2008, 17:00
I never saw it as a problem to go online.