PDA

View Full Version : How to set up for onlineplay

JACKBURTON
October 11th, 2005, 17:35
Hi
can some one point me in the direction of a guide to help me set up my psp for online play i have a laptop with a built in wireless adaptor and would like to jam on a few online games but my laptop wont find my psp any ideas as to what todo (i have the lan switch on on my psp)
also what games are good online anything really worth getting excited about??

Thanks in advance

Grim_Reaper
October 11th, 2005, 18:01
YES! can anybody help i also have the same set up with a psp compatible wirless card TP-LINK 802.11g but it is to complex a setup for me to get it working.At the moment i have the laptop running on LAN so i can use the wirless card just for the psp is this the right way?

Sticky?

PSP_Newbie
October 11th, 2005, 23:13
i've heard of something like xlink that can do it(if by online play you mean tunnelers?) but its kinda complicated...and the site is down :(
oh well, if it gets back up its at http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

Grim_Reaper
October 12th, 2005, 00:31
I have got Xlink kai evolution 7 on my pc but haven't used it since the psp came out, i didn't know Xlink was down.Still im sure there must be others which are free to use out there like Xlink :confused:

No what it is i need and i think i speak for JACKBURTON is how to configure the PSP and the WIRELESS SOFTWARE because for some reason it doesn't just set its self up.You have to create the connection from scratch and i cant even get them to detect each other or know what type of connection i should use or what any of terms used in the wireless card software means :confused: :confused:

So does any one know of a Link or how to configure the wireless card

PSP_Newbie
October 12th, 2005, 03:12
yeah, its just that to connect to xlink through a wireless card, its kinda comlicated, so there's a guide on the site.
unless u mean just generally connecting to the internet through a router, but you cant play online over the internet with most games like that...

JACKBURTON
October 12th, 2005, 09:13
What i need to know is how to get the 2 (PSP AND PC) communicating as they doent find each other iv tried to manually set them up but its far to complicated and i just dont know what to do iv tried looking on sonys site but thats no help either
the online modes in the games better be worth it after all this messing about hoho!!

bill00000
October 12th, 2005, 12:22
Are you tring to set up a wireless connection between the PC and PSP without a router?

Do any games have online play? I thought they were all ad-hoc (Like two PSPs in the same room.

Grim_Reaper
October 12th, 2005, 16:43
yep the first time i went on xlink when the psp first came out there was about 6 or 7 people racing together in one race on ridge racer.They did have a little on xlink on how to connect but not enough to get mine working. :(