PDA

View Full Version : What can i do

sugger
October 12th, 2005, 00:30
Hi just got a PSP 1.50 as my mate says this one was the best to get what upgrades will help me and not affect what the 1.50 version can do

cheers Neil

PSP_Newbie
October 12th, 2005, 02:56
absolutely none, lol
everyone was pretty screwed if they had a higher version update in terms of homebrew, emulators, etc until they came out w/ the downgrader for the 2.0

Heran_Bago
October 12th, 2005, 07:33
The newest version is 2.1. If you want to be safe and protect yourself from PSP viruses, that's what you should upgrade to.

PSP_Newbie
October 12th, 2005, 22:45
The newest version is 2.1. If you want to be safe and protect yourself from PSP viruses, that's what you should upgrade to.
umm....wtf? you really shouldnt upgrade if you ever want any hombrew. the psp "virus" isnt exactly dangerous unless you want to downgrade and decide to download from some random crappy site. there isnt a psp "virus" that is of any danger to those except the misinformed and uncautious

Heran_Bago
October 13th, 2005, 05:59
...which is a great number of people.

2.1 = Safest firmware.
you can't prove me wrong.

Jdemon
October 15th, 2005, 14:39
Hey sugger, don't upgrade your firmware at all. 1.50 is the best firmware to have. Just be carefull running unsigned software on your PSP. Read the posts here at DCEmu and you can find out what works and how to use emulators. Alot of neat homebrew like PSP Hockey and other games can't be run with Firmware that's over 1.50. If you want to change your backgrounds you need to find PSPersonalize.

There is no known VIRUS for PSP, do your homework and find out the truth. Don't spread lies and create fear, malicious software IS NOT a virus.

leggy
October 15th, 2005, 14:52
Sugger - if you want to run homebrew stick to the version you have.

Read through the posts in this forum and you will get lots of good advice.