PDA

View Full Version : Neogeo cd emu...

PSPworshiper
October 12th, 2005, 02:03
Alright I have three emulators on my psp (Genesis,snes,and nes) and i have no clue in hell wat im doing when it comes to the neogeo cd emu. Plus i have downloaded some games and they dont appear when i put them in the folder. Is it because their .rar files? This is how i have it set up. Since i have 1.5 i have neocdpsp and neocdpsp%. Inside neocdpsp%, i have the eboot. Inside neocdpsp, this is wat i have...eboot,loading,logo,startup.bin, neocdpsp configuration settings, and a neogeo folder. Inside the neogeo folder I have...NEOGEO CD-BIOS.rar which is probably the wrong thing,NEO-GEO.ROM,ng-lo.rom,ng-sfix.rom, and ng-sm1.rom...I kno I kno u probably want to pull out a gun and shoot me right now but i would appreciate it if someone helped me. THX

nonchalant
October 18th, 2005, 06:28
i also have the same problem getting neogeo cd to could someone please post a link to a good tutorial on how to run neogeo cd on psp

Mr.Modem
October 18th, 2005, 19:15
First I suggest you read the Readme, everything you have to know is in there. If you have read the readme you should have known that you should put NEOCD.bin in the emulator directory(in your case neocdpsp). You should unrar the archive containing the NeoGeo CD bios (wich I hope you have legally got your hands on). I don't know about what ng-lo.rom,ng-sfix.rom, and ng-sm1.rom files are or where you got them but you don't need them anyway. Ok now you just have to prepare the games. I assume you got a ISO file and maybe some mp3s. Open the ISO file (in deamon tools for example) and put the files in a zip file. Name it anything you want for example mslug.zip. Now you should be able to play the game. If you want music you should put the mp3 files in the neocd.mp3 folder in you game (Metal Slug in this case) folder. Further information on how to rename the mp3 files is in the Readme.

Your directory structure should look something like this:

/PSP/GAME/NEOCD/ (or whatever your directory name is)
+ EBOOT.PBP
+ STARTUP.BIN
+ loading.bmp
+ logo.bmp
+ NEOCD.BIN (BIOS)
+Metal Slug/
mslug.zip (game)
neocd.mp3/ (music files are optional)
+ Metal Slug - Track 02.mp3
+ Metal Slug - Track 03.mp3
+ Metal Slug - Track 04.mp3
+ Metal Slug - Track 20.mp3