PDA

View Full Version : Discovery in NEODC (Quzar, correct me if im wrong)

1stvinicius
October 12th, 2005, 06:27
Today, when playing samurai shodown, i forgot i was playing Neogeo cd so i tried to reset my game by pressing ABXY and start but i pressed L,R,A,B,X,Y (some kind of remembrance of reseting Street Fighter Alphas on PSX when you should press all the top buttons plus start and select...) and guess what happened.. My game reseted right to the title screen! Amazing isn't it? Actually i kept the pad buttons pressed then i pulled L and then R (dont press start otherwise you'll be stuck for those who dont know this yet :D ) and then the magic came up to the screen. Did you know that Quzar?

quzar
October 12th, 2005, 07:11
In v2.3 i'm pretty sure i took that out. I use ABXY to manually quit when testing.

1stvinicius
October 12th, 2005, 14:19
In v2.3 i'm pretty sure i took that out. I use ABXY to manually quit when testing.

well, IMO the old way of quiting is better since you don't have to worry about reset the game when trying to speed up in-game cutscenes. Is the 2.3 version too much different than 2.2? Can we change discs?

quzar
October 12th, 2005, 15:24
there was an old way of quitting? 2.3 i fixed a lot of weird experimental stuff that i did in 2.2 which broke sound in some games. What do you mean by change discs? if you mean without resetting DC start a new game, then no. Hopefully if I can ever get more info about the system, it will do that since it is a feature of the system and not the have to have it be an emulation feature.

1stvinicius
October 12th, 2005, 15:36
mm.. that'd be cause of my poor english. Anyway heres the old method: hold ABXY then press L and R. In samurai shodown it goes back to the title screen of the game.

quzar
October 12th, 2005, 15:42
um. that's just samurai showdown. anything i did would have quit the emulator all together.

eres portugues o espanol?

1stvinicius
October 12th, 2005, 17:13
um. that's just samurai showdown. anything i did would have quit the emulator all together.

eres portugues o espanol?
Sou brasileiro. In fact I cant remember if I burnt (or burned?) 2.2 or 2.3. I have edited the neodc.dxl file into the sbi file (you remember, the file with the desription of the program in SBI Inducer) to a text which described the performance of the emu. There's no information about the version anymore.

quzar
October 12th, 2005, 17:21
ack, oh well, i only speak english and spanish. =P

1stvinicius
October 12th, 2005, 17:37
ack, oh well, i only speak english and spanish. =P
Hhehe... If you talk in spanish I will understand. As you talked about the language id like to ask you to take a look at my english grammar in this cover i made for the old IMR's neo cd emu (mine is the one that says: "Neo Geo Sdl Emu 4 Dc customized Corrected ntsc-back" and the "Neo Sdl Emulator Us custom-back") http://www.cdcovers.cc/dreamcast_n.php and if you can, give a rank form 1 to 10 for my english... Whats ack?