PDA

View Full Version : Low Volume On Mpegs

paullewis
October 12th, 2005, 13:15
Just got my PSP, 1GB Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo and USB cable. Ripped a DVD using DVD Shrink and then converted to MPEG using 3Gp Converter.

All went well the only problem being that the volume on the play back, even through headphones, is rubbish. I doubt I'll be able to hear much of it on a noisy plane or anywhere else for that matter.

Anyone got any suggestions for how to increase the volume? I know there is an increased volume setting for UMD's but this doesn't work for movies you have downloaded on to your memory card.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

Cheers

PSP_Newbie
October 12th, 2005, 22:39
its probably converter/dvd ripper dependant i think, but the psp in general has pretty crappy speakers in my opinion. so if there isnt an option in the converter/ripper to increase volume, i might recommend using headphones?

Dj SaTuRn
October 16th, 2005, 08:37
..., even through headphones, is rubbish. I doubt I'll be able to hear much of it on a noisy plane or anywhere else for that matter...

yea headphones help but still crappy.

it needs to be like the frekin ipod volume at least. well not that a ipod can compare to a psp of course. =P

so. doesent logitech (or whatever company sells it) sell small speakers that attatch to the psp to and boosts sound?

yo found it:link to pspspeakers sorry if illegal to post (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7334315&type=product&id=1122653468533)

dave2003
October 18th, 2005, 15:17
Try using PSP video 9 (google it!). Its a free dowload for coverting to the psp format. There are many settings on it, one is the volume which you can boost (by up to 200% i think). It also transfers the video's to your psp , putting them in the correct folders and naming them correctly for you.
You still have to rip dvd's using another program first.