PDA

View Full Version : ModChipCentral reliable and fast?

96BiT
July 18th, 2008, 21:22
hi guys,
does anyone have any expirience buying from modchipcentral.com? :confused:
i am going to buy a wasabi for my wii from them but i wanted to know if they were reliable first.
also, how is the shipping time to U.S.?
thanks in advance to anyone who responds! :) :D

ModchipCentral
July 20th, 2008, 14:57
hi guys,
does anyone have any expirience buying from modchipcentral.com? :confused:
i am going to buy a wasabi for my wii from them but i wanted to know if they were reliable first.
also, how is the shipping time to U.S.?
thanks in advance to anyone who responds! :) :D

We are reliable :)

You can read reviews on us here: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/modchipcentral

Shipping to the US takes 4-6 business days.

96BiT
July 22nd, 2008, 00:58
thank you for the response! :) from what i read your support is excellent!

romansky
August 28th, 2008, 10:11
I would like to share with you this horrible experience I had with Canadian MOD website ModChipCentral (http://www.modchipcentral.com).

I made the order for the modded DVD drive from ModChipCentral on June 8th, they quickly invoiced my account, thus the waiting for the package to ship began.
I received the package on the 23rd only to discover that delivery packaging was poor and one of the wires was disconnected (if you ask me this was due to bad welding, shaking the package normally does not cause welding points to break)
When they were told of this they advised me to take the DVD with the WASABI chip to a professional welding shop in Israel (where I live), I asked them about reimbursing me for this and they agreed.
As agreed the wire was welded into place, this still did not fix the issue, instead when inserting a disc (WII sports original or downloaded DVD) I now received "Unable to read the disk" error message.

ModChipCentral advised me to ship the unit back to Canada.

After inspection they told me that they connected the wrong bridge on the WASABI chip, which caused the WII to "be" in NTSC region instead of PAL (should this even matter now that this is a "hacked" drive???) and this is somehow my fault!! (!!!!!)

They shipped a new (or the same one I can not tell) unit, this time this unit works although I must say that I can notice longer loading time for WII sports.

ModChipCentral did not reimburse me for - shipping or for fixing the loose wire or for taxes I had to pay twice when receiving the unit!
Or in other words NO REIMBURSMENT EVEN THOUGH THEY PROMISED.

I was dealing with "Sylvester G" from ModChipCentral.

My order ID: #29655

My recommendation is to STAY AWAY LIKE FIRE!
I advise you to buy in a different store instead of getting RIPPED OFF by these unprofessional lying imbeciles.

ratchman
March 11th, 2010, 16:24
Read return policy with these guys!! If you get a factory defect in the mail YOU have to pay to send it back! It cost me almost $30 to send back a faulty WODE and now they are saying they didn't receive it but the postal service says they attempted delivery. This matter has not yet been resolved. Lets see if they can redeem themselves.

jeraldfler
September 8th, 2010, 16:07
Fast is subjective