PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bricked their psp

skagga
October 12th, 2005, 20:10
Has anyone bricked their psp using the MPH Downgrader.
The reason i ask is because earlier on i was putting some emu,s on a newly downgraded psp,all went well with no problems,but as soon as i connected to my laptop my Norton AV kicked in and told me that there was a virus in the PHOTO folder and norton erased it without asking weather i wanted to or not.
Now this is strange as my psp works great so i was wondering weather this is a collaberation between Symantec and Sony to try to scare people into not downgrading their psp's
I would think that now it would make it awkward for people to downgrade because as soon as you put the 'overflow tiff' in the PHOTO folder (if using Norton) it will automaticly be erased.
which means you would have to disable your AV before you connect to the psp.

ataribob
October 12th, 2005, 21:14
You had already downgraded so you can erase all the files that are left .

They should put that in the instruction now the Tff gets picked up as a virus now.

PSP_Newbie
October 12th, 2005, 22:38
its because of a psp.brick that is actually trojan, which uses the same file name
so make sure that you download it from a trusted site(like this one) and you'll be fine

englishrick
October 13th, 2005, 01:51
I dont know about bricking my PSP, Alls I know is that I bricked myself when I acquired mine.................

smokeygt4
October 13th, 2005, 02:32
Im gettin the same thing after i down loaded it and un-rared it it come up as psp.brick.trojan is this a bad file or is it getting picked up as a virus now ?

anyone go the direct link i can down load a good one from just to be safe ?

ataribob
October 13th, 2005, 04:33
http://www.sonyxteam.com/

This is the place that made it

You can get a clean version 1.5 from here
http://www.psp-hacks.com/

ataribob
October 13th, 2005, 04:35
If it still come up as a virus after you get it from this site above.
It's because the tiff file in your photo folder changes your flash firmware.
Thats what sets it off

Privateer
October 13th, 2005, 05:18
It tells you there's a virus there because overflow.tif, which can pretty much be refered to as a virus, seeing as how it's built to override a system.

smokeygt4
October 13th, 2005, 23:55
i just tried to do it today but when i goto the photo menu it freezes and then turns off

i turned it back on and looked for the new folder in root and its not there so i take it im doing somethink wrong anyone know what im doing wrong ?

also i take it i will lose the web-browser when i downgrade?

parabolee
October 14th, 2005, 03:33
just for the record Atari Bob Sony X Team did NOT make it MPH made it and Yoshiro of SXT stole it and made a "final" release by just adding his own read me and cleaning it up a little.

The dude is a lamer and a theif that tries to steal credit from others. MPH said he got an IDEA from one of the things he was "trying" to do with his non existing downgraded.

Just saying so you know, the dude does not deserve credit for something he stole.

skagga
October 14th, 2005, 11:55
SmokeyGT4 i don,t know about a folder on the Root of the mem stick,here's what it downloaded to my Root folder.
100. bin file
camarche. dat file
h.bin file
index.dat file
index dat.bak .bak file

Once you,ve downgraded you can delete all these.

TAPION
October 14th, 2005, 15:36
have you guys read the teletext page 553 on bbc 2?

smokeygt4
October 17th, 2005, 19:00
SmokeyGT4 i don,t know about a folder on the Root of the mem stick,here's what it downloaded to my Root folder.
100. bin file
camarche. dat file
h.bin file
index.dat file
index dat.bak .bak file

Once you,ve downgraded you can delete all these.

Thanks ive done it now had it in the wrong root folder :o