PDA

View Full Version : SEGA Positive About Future Mario & Sonic Crossovers

JKKDARK
July 19th, 2008, 17:11
via Cubed3 (http://www.cubed3.com/news/10486)

Talking with SEGA earlier this week, it was revealed that a future collaboration between the company's mascot, Sonic, and Nintendo's exuberant Italian plumber, Mario, could well be on the cards. SEGA of America's President, Simon Jeffery, explained that sales of the Wii and Nintendo DS versions of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games have now surpassed the ten million mark around the world, far in excess of the company's projected four million total that was initially set. And this is before the Olympics actually kick off over in Beijing, with sales expected to shoot up again when the event commences.

As a result of the huge success, the question has to be whether or not Mario and Sonic will once again team up in the future, especially given how Sonic made an appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii. In response Jeffery was cagey, but positive, stating, "We would be delighted to do another game with Mario and Sonic."

But what would you like to see - an in-depth RPG cross-over, a platform outing developed by Miyamoto-san and the team at EAD, or something completely different?

Emulation_Chief
July 21st, 2008, 21:17
Hello:

I believe every fan of both mascots wants something really big with the cross over. We want a REAL Sonic vs Mario fighting game. Not a special guest in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. A more Street Fighter style of game with only Mario vs Sonic characters. Nothing else.

acn010
July 21st, 2008, 21:25
that will fail... it doesn't really have to be a fighting game... ota already done with brawl... a team up will be nice trying to save the dimensions from evil... it would be cool... some like a super mario 64 style game

Eviltaco64
July 21st, 2008, 22:56
Im gonna round up some rednecks that can take Sonic round back and take care of him.

Pains me to say that, but I'd rather him be put out of his misery :(