PDA

View Full Version : I have the homebrew channel running but...

YourStillWithMe
July 20th, 2008, 05:15
Hey, I'm an old member on here...but its been a while. I'm not an idiot...I know where my files and everything has to go but I am unsure of a few things

What version of the twilight hack should I be using??

I've played around with my Wii before and I used the SDGecko method of launching homebrew via the GC method. Does that change what version of the Twilight Hack I should be using?

I GOT the homebrew channel up and running but it will not load the WADmanager so I can set up my copy of Smash Bros to appear on my Wii main menu. I have tried launching the boot.elf file but the progression bar when it loads does not move up from 0%.....at all. it just like freezes. Also, at the bottom right of the screen my icon thing is highlighted on the left (looks like a cactus dude) if that helps....I'm just trying to five as much info as possible.

Please let me know what I should do. I have a US Wii and its definitely one of the earlier system models. It also has one of the more recent firmwares. (Do not know if it is the most recent...but it was probably updated one more time after the update you had to do to get Brawl running.)

Thank You kindly.

-Yourstill

trugamer
July 20th, 2008, 13:53
First we must know the serial number on the twilight princess disc, so we can use the correct save file.

Using sdgecko does change the version of the twilight hack you should be using- but if you already have the homebrew channel installed you shouldn't need to use the twilight hack anymore.

Have you injected the smash bros rom into a vc wad? because if you have I don't think we're allowed to talk about that here and I'd recommend looking eleswhere for a solution. If you're just using a smash bros rom I don't think it will work with wad manager alone, I would wait until a better N64 emulator is made.

Finally try to boot other homebrew with the homebrew channel and see if it works correctly, and also see if wad manager will install other .elf files as channels successfully.

____anders____
July 20th, 2008, 14:34
have you tried removing any GC memory cards you have inserted?
and try without the gecko to see if it works.

EDIT: he did say that the HBC couldn't load the wad manager, so how would he be able to see if it can install anothother title?

I have tried launching the boot.elf file but the progression bar when it loads does not move up from 0%.....at all. it just like freezes.
did you even read the whole post, trugamer?