PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to make my own AR-codes?

Dragonic
July 20th, 2008, 11:50
I don't know if this is the right forum to post this, but I don't know any other place to do it. Well, my question is: Can I make my own AR-Codes? If yes, then how? I know that the codes change values in the memory, and I know how I can do that in the computer, but how does it work on DS? I'm happy for all nice answers! Thanks in advance!

PS. If you don't understand what I want, please tell me .DS

*Edit* I'm sorry! I know that I posted this in the wrong forum! I thought I posted it in "Nintendo DS Hacking and Development Forum" but I accidently posted it here... Can someone move it to the right forum, please?

trugamer
July 20th, 2008, 13:32
Yes you can. I'd recommend either using an emulator to dump the ram or for a much easier (and more compatible) introduction to hacking buying the "datel trainer toolkit" from amazon. It comes with a cartridge to plug into slot 2 that dumps the ram to the computer and then can be searched etc with supplied software.

Dragonic
July 20th, 2008, 15:33
Okay, thanks Trugamer! I have used an emulator before and a program that can search in the memory for diffrent values. But how can I turn them into AR-Cheats? An AR-cheat contain 2 diffrent "Values" but only one of them can be the memory-address and the other something else, or am I wrong now? You know that an AR-code looks like this: XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX (I don't know how many symbols there is but something like that). What means with the two diffrent "Values"? One of them have to be the address, but the other one? Thanks in advance! Please tell me if you don't understand!

trugamer
July 20th, 2008, 21:46
From what I've read it is in too much detail to explain. Nothing short of copying out the instructions will make any sense. However I found a really useful guide that covered everything plus more, its designed for the trainer toolkit but it should be pretty easy to fill in the gaps: http://members.cox.net/dexter0/DSHacking/

I would also recommend checking out nitrohax, an application by chism that runs action replay codes, as I believe there are some extra things that can be done by the code: http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/NitroHax/index.html

Dragonic
July 21st, 2008, 17:30
Thanks again Trugamer, and thanks alot! I don't think I'll need more help now, but If someone find something useful, then PM it to me, please! The thread is ready to be locked!