PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII save problem

Darkangel_XI
July 20th, 2008, 16:50
Okay, so I have a PAL (European) Final Fantasy VII Disk 1 eboot that I have been playing through, but since I now own a PS3 I thought that I should continue the game on my TV. When I copy my Saves to the PS3 they show up fine under the internal memory card viewer but when I put in my NTSC (American) Final Fantasy VII Disk 1 and go to load game, nothing comes up.

My theory is that since the saves were saved on a PAL version of the game they won't work with my NTSC version of the game.

I also tried converting the PSP-PSX saves to ePSXe saves to try on my PC with my NTSC disks and that did the same thing. Saves show up when I load the bios but don't show up when I try to load them in the game :(

Can anyone try to help me?

shinji257
July 23rd, 2008, 20:50
Yes. You are correct on your guess. The saves for the PAL copy will not work for the NTSC version. This has been true for every console to date with very few exceptions.

Note that I didn't say that all games were like this as there were a few that were cross-region compatible but not many. It is safer to assume that a PAL save will not work on a NTSC game copy due to the differences that the actual save file format may have.

Darkangel_XI
July 24th, 2008, 14:56
Is there any sort of converter?