PDA

View Full Version : Undiluted Platinum (UP) and M33 CFW's Compatibility?

Hoshimoto
July 21st, 2008, 10:03
Hello everyone,

I've had a phat PSP with Undiluted Platinum (UP) on it for sometime now. The UP seemed to work till 3.71 M33 without issues but any CFW there after seems to brick the UP. I've seen threads on this and fixing this is quite easy but in my case I don't have the USB connector to connect to UP's FPC cable to re-flash the UP NAND. The UP recovery menu does not show up either when starting PSP.

The PSP NAND (not the UP NAND) has a 3.71 original PSP firmware and was wondering how I can go about fixing my UP firmware problems. I'm going to Pandorize the PSP NAND but am still not sure how to recover my UP NAND. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Is there a place or a list of what CFW are compatible with UP or any work around to get CFW above 3.71 M33 to work on UP (3.80 M33 to 4.01 M33).

Thank you.

mike_jmg
July 23rd, 2008, 07:25
http://www.dark-alex.org/index_psp.php

I think the only compatible FW is
3.30 and 3.10 Open Edition Mix for UP.

maybe with that one you can do something about the UP NAND, but I don't really know

Hoshimoto
July 23rd, 2008, 09:13
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions Mike.

My problem was finally resolved. I got my PSP Pandora Tool battery from www.dealextreme.com and made the universal unbricker. Flashed the UP NAND to 3.71 M33 and then flashed my PSP NAND to the same firmware version.

I can also confirm that UP can work only upto 3.71 M33 (from 1.50 to 3.71 M33 all CFW in between), any firmware above 3.80 M33 will brick the UP (so UP's pretty much useless now - unless you're a Dev).