PDA

View Full Version : ZodTTD Project News (iPhone misc)

Pdromsretro
July 22nd, 2008, 03:10
ZodTTD posted some news about his iPhone projects

Quote:

Hello from ZodTTD,

I have begun porting over my projects to jailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch firmware 2.0. The first projects I've started with are Quake 1 and gpSPhone (GBA emulator).

Keep in mind all software before 2.0 firmware needs the source code to be compiled with a new toolchain, and in many cases changed around a bit due to differences in the firmware's frameworks. This is why Cydia currently has a lack of software compared to 1.1.4 and previous package management systems like Installer.app. It's not a matter of repos, it's a matter of time it takes to get the port made.

Many other developers and I are working on getting their software to work on firmware 2.0. Some may say if I get my software running on firmware 2.0, could I put it on AppStore...

I am unable to take my current softwares as they are now, over to AppStore due to Apple being selective of what they allow. Apple does not want an emulator requiring external files such as BIOS' and ROMs. When it comes to vlc4iphone, the streaming aspects are allowed, but playing external files may not be.

While I have some software in mind for AppStore, it will most likely not be an emulator. I wanted to do a Shoutcast streaming media player, but it seems I was beaten to it. It will take some thought as to what would be feasible for AppStore.

In the meantime, we have a jailbroken 2.0 firmware ready to see some homebrew!

Thanks for playing,
ZodTTD

More... (http://www.pdroms.de/news/11345/)