PDA

View Full Version : Question about PSP

kaos
October 14th, 2005, 12:25
I’m new here and hope I’m posting in the right forum. I am thinking about buying a PSP and have a few questions. Chances are the new ones will have the 2.50 firm ware and I want to now if these could be down graded. Is there a way to use a non psp memory because I don’t want to pay over a hundred for a gig. I want to use psp for watching movies and for the Genesis Emulator. Thanks in advance for the help

Putin
October 14th, 2005, 12:35
If you buy one today, it should not have 1.5. That was released just a few days ago and is not avaliable on the PSP you can buy today in Europe or america. And I'm quite shure that it'll be cracked some day, but it'll take some time as almost noone will upgrade to 2.5. At least not the ones who want to use emulators.

PSP_Newbie
October 15th, 2005, 00:22
most of the psp's you buy today are either 1.51 or 1.52 depending on where you are and what store.
there arent any higher than that that come with the firmware by default, so you're safe---but if you upgrade any higher than 2.0 then you cant go back and downgrade right now
and the psp uses a Memory Stick Duo or Memory Stick Pro Duo, which can be found in some cameras and other devices, but the most common one is normal Memory Stick, so you shouldnt count on it
hope that helps :D

kaos
October 15th, 2005, 09:32
Thanks for the replies. PSP_Newbie I could use a third party memory as long as they are a Memory Stick Duo/or Pro and not the one that is made for the PSP?

Dj SaTuRn
October 15th, 2005, 09:56
psp + ipod= a deadly combo.

but so much space in ur pocket is taken!

but you would need some kinda program on the psp to use the ipod as a hard drive right?

and usb cable =X

brash
October 15th, 2005, 09:59
I'm having trouble running the snex9xTYL v0.1 emulator.
I followed the guide to install it (and downgraded my psp from 1.51 to 1.50), but every time I go to load the snes emulator (with the KXploit), I get a message that says: "The game could not be started (80020130)".
Also, underneath the KXploit launcher symbol (on the flash card) is shows a ripped box and says "corrupted data".

I've tried many games to see if it was the actual game file that was messed up, but none of them work (even though they are in the list of working games for the emulator).

Do I have to put the games in a certain folder, or maybe only have one on the system at a time?
I'm not getting this, so any help would be appreciated.

Actually, I think it would just be better to ask my question like this:

How do you move the game files from the computer to the psp flash card?
I got the emulator on there by using the KXploit setup, and I tried to cut and paste the rom files into the folders (I tried all the folders), but that didn't work, so how do I do it?

zylor
October 15th, 2005, 12:50
psp + ipod= a deadly combo.

but so much space in ur pocket is taken!

but you would need some kinda program on the psp to use the ipod as a hard drive right?

and usb cable =X
is it possible to use an ipod has an hard drive for psp? ;)

PSP_Newbie
October 16th, 2005, 23:56
Thanks for the replies. PSP_Newbie I could use a third party memory as long as they are a Memory Stick Duo/or Pro and not the one that is made for the PSP?
yes, thats right
like im using a 512mb SanDisk memory stick pro duo as opposed to a sony one, and i think there is another company or two that make them as well that will works

PSP_Newbie
October 16th, 2005, 23:57
and no ipod as harddrive :P
at least not now...

PSP_Newbie
October 17th, 2005, 00:26
brash- if you download the latest version of snes tyl, you dont have to use the kxploit, sepsptools, whatever as it comes with the preconverted version already(and the latest version is better and faster than the v0.1 you r trying to use)