PDA

View Full Version : Question of the Day: Does Your Partner Understand Your Gadget Obsession?

wraggster
July 24th, 2008, 00:11
It's funny how technology can really put a wedge between two people in a relationship. That is to say, finding a couple where both parties share a genuine love for gadgets seems pretty rare. This issue is especially problematic when video games are involved. We are constantly hearing stories about how some dude is turning down sex and ignoring his family to play games online. As stupid as all this sounds, I'm willing to bet that it is a major problem with a lot of couples. Plus, gadget obsessions can be tied in with spending excessive amounts of money, which only serves to complicate matters. That having been said, I have to ask: does your partner understand your gadget obsession?

http://gizmodo.com/5028322/question-of-the-day-does-your-partner-understand-your-gadget-obsession

dejkirkby
July 24th, 2008, 00:39
My wife certainly does.
In fact, her gadget obsession often outstrips mine.

ricosuavez
July 24th, 2008, 03:27
well i am lucky no problemo here ....

moogster66
July 24th, 2008, 03:49
My wife can't stand my obsession with electronics. She hates the computer, which I put together. She doesn't really like video games, I got her a WII because she said she wanted one, but she never plays it. She can't stand Best Buy, or any electronics stores, she doesn't want me to go near them. I will admit I spend too much on stuff, but wheres the fun in dying with money in the bank? You only live once, live it up!

smoky
July 24th, 2008, 04:27
Same here my gf cannot stand me being around electronics whenever I can. She hates when we go to a big retailer store and I go straight to the video games, it really gets her annoyed. But she understands to an extent, such as for anniversary, holidays or my birthday, she will give me a gift pertaining to said annoyance. :D

But a good comeback I always have for her is comparing video games and electronics, to her shoes and clothes obsession.:thumbup:

mike_jmg
July 24th, 2008, 04:58
last girl I was dating didn't understand, she was like, why do you like games so much they're really boring.

and I told her: Boring!!, you can be whatever you want, from a knight with sword and shield to a soldier or a tenis player, what is boring about that. She still didn't understand

gamesquest1
July 24th, 2008, 05:44
hah i thought my gf understood but i just asked her right now and she said NO bloody hell cant believe it lol even when i buy her gadgets for her bithday and that........how inconsiderate....i would loooove to get all the gadgety shit i get her lol.....well supose thats why i get her them cos i do in the end Mwah hah hah

slaphappygamer
July 24th, 2008, 06:58
i gotta say, my wife doesnt mind all the shit i have. the only gadget she is interested is the dumbass iphone. she says it can surf the web watch videos listen to music and watch you tube videos. i just tell that "yeah, my psp can do all the on a bigger screen.". not to mention the upgradable memory, via mspd. sure it cant make phone calls, but thats what my blackberry is for.

im hooked to syphon filter logans shadow and combat ops online, but i would never turn down sex. if im in a heated battle and my wife gives me the eyes. im dropping that psp like a hot potato. sorry teammates, i got dc. if it breaks, that gives me reason to get the slim psp.

she is very leanient when it comes to gaming. for christmas she stood in line for four hours to get me a wii. she also occassionally bowls with me and just include her more i got this trivia game (smarty pants) which she likes. if i have my friends over though, shell just pack a bowl, gimme a quick kiss and read a book in the other room.

we dont have any kids yet, but i would never ignore them. thats just wrong. if you cant make time for your kids, then why would have any? i mean really, the games or gadgets arent going anywhere. your kids though, they only grow up once.

Aryn
July 24th, 2008, 08:00
There is nothing more goddamned annoying than a guy who stops focusing on you in order to play a quick game or check the status of the program he is testing on his phone. I am trying to encourage my boyfriend to stop playing with gadgets all the time and focus on me a bit more. Playing with them on occasion and fixing them are ok, but not when they detract from the quality of a relationship and put you in the back seat for awhile.

Mc_Logical
July 24th, 2008, 12:09
There is nothing more goddamned annoying than a guy who stops focusing on you in order to play a quick game or check the status of the program he is testing on his phone. I am trying to encourage my boyfriend to stop playing with gadgets all the time and focus on me a bit more. Playing with them on occasion and fixing them are ok, but not when they detract from the quality of a relationship and put you in the back seat for awhile.

And theres nothing more annoying when a gf ignores u when shes watching her fave tv show lol whats the diff? men and women ain`t no diff, its just women need to lose the attitude a bit and be layed back, infact theres more girls these days into gadgets, because its a family/male/female thing, if women taken the time to do it too, then they would be the same EDIT: And fair enough if its effecting your relationship, or just your thoughts, if not then your bf is a muppet lol but yeah! id pay attention to my gf, but own space we all need

Aryn
July 25th, 2008, 08:50
I never said that what I ranted about applies only to males, stop putting words in my mouth.

Anyway...I mainly left that rant of mine online so that my boyfriend would read it and think about it.

Mc_Logical
July 25th, 2008, 10:51
Ummmm!