PDA

View Full Version : Emulators for the DS

dm1983
July 25th, 2008, 21:29
Hi folks,

Just looking to find some good emulators that can run on the DS.

I have on my PC emulators for Commodore 64, SNES, Genesis/Megadrive.

Will the roms for them work?

Which are the best emulators for each of those that run on the DS?

DanTheManMS
July 31st, 2008, 12:17
Look into SNEmulDS and jEnesisDS. Your current games will work as long as they're uncompressed.

Jhonnyblitz
August 17th, 2008, 17:48
i have tryed SNEmulDS on my max media player, it booted up, but in the chose rom screen my rom didn't pop up... its an uncommpressed smc file that works in zsnes....i've patched it with a patch from drunkencoders.com. Is there a settings i need to change or somthing? if anyone can help me i'd epriciate it.

bobbobson
August 19th, 2008, 04:44
i have tryed SNEmulDS on my max media player, it booted up, but in the chose rom screen my rom didn't pop up... its an uncommpressed smc file that works in zsnes....i've patched it with a patch from drunkencoders.com. Is there a settings i need to change or somthing? if anyone can help me i'd epriciate it.
first of all, you need to make sure the snemul.cfg file that came with the emulator is on the root directory. after that you need to either edit the snemul.cfg file to link to the folder where your roms are stored, or you can just put all your roms in a folder named SNES on the root directory.

if you want to change the .cfg file, i recommend you edit it with WordPad if you have Windows (not NotePad because the text shows up weird); you can also use any other word processor.
after you open the file, near the top you'll see an option that says ROMPath = /SNES. change SNES to the location of the folder you want to use, starting from the root directory.

after that it should work just fine :]

aintnoh8r87
August 29th, 2008, 07:51
i have the new version...(newest that i can think of...v0.6) and it workd just fine...have a few game running...just a couple problems...but to ur question...you have ur emu set in the root of the MMP, and a folder (SNES) set in the root also, thats where all ur ROMS go...make sure and DLDI ur EMU tho...a few working...Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest V, FF2, FF3(v1.1), Harvest Moon, Illusion of Gaia, Mario is Missing, Secret of Mana, Speed Racer, Spiderman Maximum Carnage, Super Mario All Stars, and Legend Of Zelda: Parallel Worlds....if u want any, email me @ [email protected] ones that dont work that i know of are: Super Mario Kart, Tetris Attack, MegaMan X2, Kirbys Dreamland 3, and Doom

eSPy
October 7th, 2008, 02:07
heres a good site that has links to some great DS emulators. pretty up to date http://www.zophar.net/consoles/nds.html