PDA

View Full Version : Having Trouble Downgrading

smokeygt4
October 16th, 2005, 21:50
Hi ive been trying to downgrade my psp.
I have all the files in the folders on my memory stick but when i Navigate to Photo then Memory stick via the PSP’s menu system it wont let me scroll down through the photos it just freezes and after about 5 seconds it turns off

anyone know what im doing wrong :confused:

Darren

PSP_Newbie
October 16th, 2005, 22:22
make sure you follow all the steps exactly
make sure you know where the "Root" of the mem stick is (N:\ or whatever the drive letter it assigns)
read some guides like the ones found on this site and read through to make sure you're doinging everythign right
make sure it is a 2.00 psp
all the psp's are more or less the same here, so if you do everything right the way you're supposed to do it, it should work the exact same way

woksmuggler
October 16th, 2005, 23:03
the freezing thing is part of the downgrade process, dont worry its normal! it just means its started, once you have gone into the photo menu and its frozen and turned off, restart and then go into the game menu and select the 1.50 update, it will begin and then you will see a percentage bar for the upgrade process, this will freeze at 99%, this is also normal! it will tell you upgrade has failed, restart psp again and it will tell you data is corrupt, press o to fix or something like that? next you have to re configure psp settings, time and date etc then its done, just check firmware version in system settings menu! i have downgraded several psp's now and they have all been sucessful

PSP_Newbie
October 16th, 2005, 23:11
well, it actually isnt supposed to turn off after 5 secs, so i think something isnt right there...its supposed to do its thing, then u have to manually turn it off by holding down switch after like 30 secs

smokeygt4
October 16th, 2005, 23:14
Thanks for the replys

Im putting them in to MP_ROOT is this right ?

smokeygt4
October 16th, 2005, 23:55
I have it working now i had them in the wrong root folder

thanks

Hacker3.0
October 17th, 2005, 01:10
when mine works corrextly the screen tuns black and either desplays a three line code or a bunch of jumbled letters both will work.