PDA

View Full Version : Best Loader?!?

santosped
October 17th, 2005, 14:19
Hi all,

I am very new to this PSP tricks, so appologise for my basic doubts.
Despite this, I managed to downgrade my v1.52 to v1.5 (after the needed v2.0 upgrade) with the MPH downgrader.

Doubts:

1 - what's the purpose of SXT Firmware Loader Beta v0.2? Is this any improvement to the downgrade that I've done? What does it allow to do?

2 - What are Eboot loaders? I still don't get the concept...

3 - Regarding Games, I am currently using UMD Emulator v0.8c. It works fine for some games, but not for others (such as Everybodys Golf, World Tour Soccer,...) Is there any other better ISO loader?

I would appreciate you help.
Thanks in advance

Cheers,
Santosped

Jdemon
October 17th, 2005, 16:08
I believe the SXT Firmware Loader Beta v0.2 is used to trick forced firmware updates into thinking you are already upgraded. So if you get SW Battlefront2 and it says "you must upgrade to firmware 2.5 to play this game" you can run the SXT and you will be able to play without actually upgrading your firmware.

When the PSP looks for a "game" on the memory stick "EBOOT.PBP" is the file it looks for to launch. All it is is a compressed file but if you would like to customize pics/sound for any emulators or homebrew you may want to check it out some more. There are a few different "tools" out there but my favorite is still PBP Unpacker (http://www.pdc.me.uk/pbp/)

I don't know anything about UMD Emulators :D

Mr.Modem
October 17th, 2005, 20:35
1)It loads a firmware from the memorystick instead of loading it from the flash rom. Right now it can only load 1.5,1.0,1.51, and 1.52 but maybe it will be able to load 2.0 or 2.5 in the future. Right know it's useful for tricking updates (SXT version changer does this too) and use apps like PSPSet without having to flash the rom.
2) I think you mean the eboot loader for firmware 2.0. And that's what it is, it's a app that uses the 2.0 hack to load some eboots. The eboots doesn't run in kernel mode yet so most homebrew apps will not work.
3) You shouldn't talk about iso loaders in this forum even if you just play your own backups. It's a banned topic.

santosped
October 18th, 2005, 00:27
Tks for the hints.