PDA

View Full Version : GBA Emulator 1.0 released..

scx0r
October 17th, 2005, 23:33
PSP298 has released a new Gameboy Advance emulator for the PSP, this release has great speed although not 100%, it uses the full 33mhz speed, it s full screen and it also uses what looks like is the Rin file selector and can be fully configured.

Heres some screens:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/pspgba105.JPG

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/pspgba0103.JPG

Download here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspgba.shtml

This is a much better GBA emu for the PSP than the other one and the speed will impress.

omniosiris
October 18th, 2005, 00:03
cool, i'll have to give it a try

Clay
October 18th, 2005, 00:07
err, now it's psp updates [dot] qj [dot] net but thanks!

kevthedrummer
October 18th, 2005, 01:53
hellllp... I downloaded this file but I've had no joy, the other crap excuse of a GBA emulator works fine but this one doesn't, it just comes up with an error, is there any specific ways I need to place the files and do I need to rename them?

wraggster
October 18th, 2005, 02:03
what version PSP do u have if its a v1.0 you will have to use PSP brew to convert

kevthedrummer
October 18th, 2005, 02:06
what version PSP do u have if its a v1.0 you will have to use PSP brew to convert

How exactly does one tell if it is a 1.0? it's my mates... I'm trying to pimp it up for him! - with no joy except for the superb genesis emu...

He got it before it was released in Japan from ebay so I'm guessing its a pretty early version? Can you locate me to the file i need? cheers

kennyk
October 18th, 2005, 03:38
I think you can look in settings on the PSP to find out the firmware revision. If it's 1.51 or higher, you will have to downgrade to 1.5 or 1.0 to use homebrew.

omniosiris
October 18th, 2005, 03:56
much better then the old one, but still too slow to use. I do like the 16:9 feature though, and with some work I think a later version of this could be quite playable

scx0r
October 18th, 2005, 13:16
rofl wraggster edited my post that owns. i tried to get screenies up and shit, saw this and thought huh im seeing things :D

HeHe Wraggster got owned >< jk im always keeping my eye out

scx0r
October 18th, 2005, 13:34
played about tried to runa .gba and found myself having to restart to a black screen, now after reboots and re-placing the gba emulator the file selection screen wont come up just background, seems very unstable... it's now remembered this its crashed and wont play ever. >< rahh

personaly ill wait.

ganon
October 18th, 2005, 18:52
gonna try this now

Mourningstar
October 19th, 2005, 00:55
Its a very good first release but still too slow to be playable....the guy/gal who made this should have also released the source code so others could work on it too....

astrakan
October 22nd, 2005, 14:58
Hi guys!
I tried out this emu on my PSP (1.50).
I think it is the best GBA emulator at present and some games are working.
The problems I found follow, hoping you solved them or at least developers have a guide to correct them if they are REAL bugs!!!

- Only old and small ROMS are playable the other one are too slow. I tried them and they are S L O W: the Yu-Gi-Oh! games series and Broken Sword. A best optimization is required. With a small effort this could become the BEST and ultimate GBA emulator
- The selection list is scrambled and titles overlap (for titles too long???)
- The screen in 16:9 is good but graphics are deformed. So stick to the other one (I hope it's the original GBA size). When I select the standard screen though garbage data from the selection screen (that is much larger) are visible and this give a "dirty" impression. When selecting the "small screen" all underlaying windows should be cleaned and just black bands should surround the emulator window

Are you experiencing the same problems? Do you agree?