PDA

View Full Version : psp restarts when coming back from sleep

frugalman
July 27th, 2008, 18:43
FW: 3.90 M33
emulator: snes9xtyl 0.4.2, nesterJ 1.20

if i'm in the middle of a emulator game, i put the psp into sleep mode, after few minutes i tried to resume back from sleep, the psp shuts off.

then i have to turn it back on again and then the sony screen shows.

why can't i resume properly?

roxfox64
July 27th, 2008, 19:54
Not all homebrew enters sleep mode correctly.
If it crashes while entering sleep mode, your PSP will either
A.) Turn off completely

B.) Sleep at the point at which the app crashed, making it look like your PSP is bricked. When in reality, the app that was running just crashed.

For good measure, remember to make a save state before you go to sleep mode, just in case.

acn010
July 27th, 2008, 20:52
same happened to me, so its not only you having the problem

Safari Al
July 27th, 2008, 21:25
If you have the 1.50 kernel patch installed, then you will have this problem. I can't seem to find a way to fix it either. Right now, to play any 1.50 kernel games, I'm using the time machine.

frugalman
July 28th, 2008, 04:59
If you have the 1.50 kernel patch installed, then you will have this problem. I can't seem to find a way to fix it either. Right now, to play any 1.50 kernel games, I'm using the time machine.

what is the time machine??

roxfox64
July 28th, 2008, 07:51
Time Machine is an app that is known for loading 1.50 kernel on slim.
Its not going to change the outcome of trying to go to sleep mode.

As I said, some apps just can't enter sleep mode correctly.

that1guywiththeface
July 29th, 2008, 00:20
As far as I know, the bug only occurs when using the 1.50 kernels and then going into sleep mode. This is because sleep mode was not programmed into firmware 1.50. Homebrew 3.xx firmware or higher doesn't have the problem either.

Safari Al
July 29th, 2008, 01:09
Its not going to change the outcome of trying to go to sleep mode.

As I said, some apps just can't enter sleep mode correctly.

Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 ME has sleep troubles. NesterJ 1.20 beta should be fine

roxfox64
July 29th, 2008, 05:00
As far as I know, the bug only occurs when using the 1.50 kernels and then going into sleep mode. This is because sleep mode was not programmed into firmware 1.50. Homebrew 3.xx firmware or higher doesn't have the problem either.

Thats true, and I shouldn't have left that out. I've experenced emulators that run on 3.XX kernel crash about 45% of the time. So I didn't feel the need to include that as its possible for 3.XX apps to crash while entering sleep mode.

Any ways, the apps that crash are likely to keep crashing.

The SNES Emu I use(uo SNES9x) runs in 1.50 Kernel and will crash if you try to enter sleep mode in game, but not in the menu.

frugalman
July 29th, 2008, 20:26

right now, i put the emulators in the game150 directory
how do i run them with 3.xx ?

that1guywiththeface
July 29th, 2008, 22:02
The read me would have told you to put them in the GAME folder if they were meant to be run on something other than 1.50.

that1guywiththeface
July 29th, 2008, 22:04
The read me would have told you to put them in the GAME folder if they were meant to be run on something other than 1.50. If pne of the folders ends in %, It's 1.50, though there are some that don't. You can't simply take a 1.50 program and put it in the 3.xx directory and have it work. The programs are designed to run only on 1.50. Many programs have 1.50 and 3.xx kernel versions.