PDA

View Full Version : My wife, trying to be helpful, upgraded my PSP :(

NaivetyLost
October 18th, 2005, 18:43
I officially an owner of a v2.5, i'm gonna go cry in the corner now....hopefully this get cracked b4 PSP2 comes out, lol

NL

lowride
October 18th, 2005, 18:59
lol dont worry, as the firmware gets more complex, im sure there'll be another hack. In the meantime you get to use that sony webbrowser and Location free TV.

wakeuphater
October 18th, 2005, 20:33
what does location free do anyway?

10shu
October 18th, 2005, 21:57
u should shoot her for that! :) only joking...

leggy
October 18th, 2005, 22:30
Thanks for giving me the biggest laugh of the day :D

slik da relic
October 19th, 2005, 09:11
u break it, u bought it!

upgrading to 2.5 = breakin it!

u make sure she reads these posts!

in the meantime, i'll enjoy homebrew for u...lol

da relic

geise69
October 19th, 2005, 12:43
It was an accident! I can understand though. I would be upset if my wife did that, but I wouldn't be mad at her. Yeah i would miss playing emulators on my psp, but I'd just go back to my computer to do that and play Ridge Racers and Lumines till some better games come out. I'd also mess with the web browser and other new functions. It's not all bad. I told my wife thought before she touched my psp to never ever update the firmware. I made her aware and so far no problems. She's very careful with it and knows how much I paid for it at launch. Don't be hard on her she was only trying to help.

Mr.Modem
October 19th, 2005, 14:26
Hm, homebrew or a wife. Tough question. Seriously, I feal sorry for you man!

scx0r
October 19th, 2005, 14:46
the index.dat apparantly in 2.5 is a bricking index.dat, so theres no hope we can use that to downgrade in the future >< sony have 2.5 on lock down.

I wonder if they pay a team at sony to crack the firmware and then fix it ?

pepegomez
October 19th, 2005, 14:55
"the index.dat apparantly in 2.5 is a bricking index.dat, so theres no hope we can use that to downgrade in the future >< sony have 2.5 on lock down."

i hope this's a rumor and not real. where do u have that from though?

scx0r
October 19th, 2005, 15:03
sonyxteam[dot]com read the new announcement today i think

scx0r
October 19th, 2005, 15:06
oh and check psp-news.dcemu.co.uk frontpage.

slik da relic
October 19th, 2005, 16:01
sigh... always sympathy for the women. if it was the other way around, our heads would be chopped off! she's gonna really hafta put out. just get another and give her that one. Merry Xmas, Happy Bday, Mother's Day... think of SOMETHING.

da relic

NaivetyLost
October 19th, 2005, 20:02
lol, no i'm not really mad at her guys. Not really a big deal, in the big scheme of things. Besides I'm gonna gat Live 06, XML2, and Untold Legends 2 (when it's released) so i probably wouldn't have played a lot of Super Mario anyway...and hopefully sony adds the functionality of PSP-PDA to the firmware. THat wat the homebrew i used the most.

NL

Apoklepz
October 19th, 2005, 20:16
Holy Shnats!!! I Swear The Same Thing Almost Happened To Me About A Month Ago...she Called Me Over The Phone To Let Me Know She Was Gonna Upgrade To 2.00, To Get All The Nice Features Her Girlfriend At Work Had On Her Brand New Psp & I Was Driving At The Time...man I Almost Crashed My Car Right Then & There. But I Told Her Nicely Not To Do It Without Me, Because I Wanted To Personally See What The Update Process Looked Like On-screen. Later At The House I Explained To Her About Homebrew & How It Was The Only Way We Were Enjoying So Much Free Stuff Till Then, That Wasn't Possible On Other Version Psp's, & She Said....quote: I Almost Took Away The Fun From It. -true Story
Now That Ver. 2 Is Downgradable, I Even Got The Girl At My Wife's Working Place Into The Psp Homebrew Scene. ;)
Hey...i'm Sure Somebody Will Find The Hack...patience Is A Virtue.

Cross
October 22nd, 2005, 08:51
My wife showed me this thread and said:

"This is something I would probably do."

....I am still at a loss on how to feel there.....

friday13
October 27th, 2005, 09:34
hi!
wats bricking the psp?

sorry, me newbie...alot of terms still dunt knw

manordrive
October 27th, 2005, 19:23
Thanks for giving me the biggest laugh of the day :D

Serious sympathy for your loss, be it homebrew or Wife, or BOTH

manordrive
October 27th, 2005, 19:26
hi!
wats bricking the psp?

When you turn your lovely PSP into something not much better than a house-brick.! :mad:

Panzer_Faust
October 27th, 2005, 19:56
Your wife upgraded your PSP? You should really upgrade her. :D
Or yet better change your wife to internet and gaming (like I did with my GF)

Isulduir
October 30th, 2005, 14:15
Dude I feel for you :( Perhaps you could talk her into getting you a used one or a new one for xmas! with 2.0 or lower ;)