PDA

View Full Version : help with DC games please

Kyraka
October 18th, 2005, 22:45
im so sorry for all my spread out posts, but at Sbiffy! theres a bunch of home brew games in the games section. i have dcinducer, and followed all the instructions and it all worked (i think) the tutorial was very through, yet when i place it in the dreamcast, it cant even find the disc. please help me, i am running out of CDs! :(

i have also failed in making the dreamsnes work along with the NES one and the super famicom version. and i know there are alot of posts about this problem, but if you help me, than i will gladly help anyone else in need to save YOU time. yahoo or AIM would be pretty helpfull if you can please. but other people asking what im asking will want to hear the answer

oooh i forgot, i BADLY need to know what an .ELF file is! and what they are used for! i want SRB2DC

curt_grymala
October 18th, 2005, 23:56
With which burning program are you burning the disc?

EDIT - An ELF file is basically a non-compiled version of the BIN file (I realize I'm being very technically ignorant, and I'm sure a coder will come along and correct me). Basically, ELF files are used by people with coder's cables, and are transferred directly from their computers to the DC, without using discs.

If you are trying to use SRB2DC, I'm pretty sure that LyingWake posted an SBI of it over at Sbiffy!

Kyraka
October 19th, 2005, 00:03
thanks! and right after i posted that, i got the games on the DC working :D

now all i need is to figure out how to get an emulator working...

semicolo
October 19th, 2005, 18:00
Quote : Some of the capabilities of ELF are dynamic linking, dynamic loading, imposing runtime control on a program, and an improved method for creating shared libraries.

Elf are similar to bin files, they just include more data for the features listed above, it's aimed at being launched by an O.S., when bin files are booted directly.
An elf program can be loaded anywhere in memory and run, addresses are fixed in a bin program, so it MUST be loaded at the address it was written for.

1stvinicius
October 21st, 2005, 05:55
About emulators: it was reported in some place at sbiffy! forums that Nesterdc 7.0 becomes controls-bugged when burnt with sbi inducer. If your problem is getting a disc with a working dreamsnes and a buggy nesterdc i guess that might be your problem. Ive burned a disc here with both of them (dreamsnes and nester and even made myself a unique theme) and everything worked fine but my nesterdc was 6.0

Christuserloeser
October 21st, 2005, 20:19
Yeah, that's true. It's a bug with NesterDC v7.x - Just use NesterDC v6.0 with DreamInducer. v6.0 has got the same features and even slightly better compatibility.