PDA

View Full Version : RIN 1.32 is Game Boy Colorizer Incompatible

Apoklepz
October 19th, 2005, 20:05
Well...I've had some personally colored roms for a long time with this tool, but I just found out they won't run in the latest build of RIN ver.1.32 :(
Anyone know how to get them to work???
Games I have colored:
-Samurai showdown
-All Megaman series games
-All Castlevania series games
-All Final Fantasy Games
-Mario Land 1 & 2
-Metroid 2:Return of Samus
-The Flash
-Gargoyle's Quest
...& many others.

They work fine on all PC Game Boy Color Emulators, but not on RIN...
What gives??

ataribob
October 19th, 2005, 20:55
They are GameBoy games not Gameboy color games

Apoklepz
October 20th, 2005, 18:42
OK, now ...Just what the hell does that mean? Don't forget, RIN was the first emulator for PSP & it has come a long way...It's current build plays regular Game Boy games(old green looking stuff) GameBoy Color games, and even emulates the Super Game Boy device for the SNES, too. I still can't figure out why GBA is in the emu's menu (it doesn't play GameBoy Advance Games yet)
but it somehow makes large GameBoy Color roms (like MetalGearSolid) run much smoother at 222mhz. You still didn't answer my question, but thanks for posting anyways. :rolleyes:

nensondubois
April 3rd, 2008, 01:19
GBA is for Games like The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/ Seasons that when you play them on a real GBA they have special features. Only a few games do that.

bah
April 3rd, 2008, 07:01
Masterboy (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73128) for PSP supports custom-colourized gameboy games.

I do not know if it is compatible with ROMs colourized for different emulators, give it a try.