PDA

View Full Version : New Version of The Ascension Of Vigil

DCEmu_Newsposter
October 27th, 2004, 06:14
The Ascension Of Vigil (http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=57434&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0), a Quake brawling mod, has been updated again. Here's what's new:[br][br]- New special effects such as screen flashes to show huge damage being delt, also new dust sprites (which the sprite will be improved)![br]- Many animation tweaks, much better Dreamcast compatibility it even binds the proper DC controls at start up![br]- New enemy! Hell Knight, he's not finished since he'll have a lot of attacks but he's pretty mean for having only 1 attack.[br]- Ice Field has an additional windy sound to it, so the spell is now 100% complete.[br]- Fixed the death bug causing monsters to not notice Vigil, this was being caused by spin attacking with 10 health or less; this bug is completely eliminated.[br]- Vigil now can perform his running dash attack! It's very useful but requires some timing.[br]- Animation dealing with low framerates has been fixed, this is a big deal on the Dreamcast because when I tested it Vigil's moves were being pulled off way to slowly and was messing up a lot of stuff.[br]- Changed the behavior of some of Vigil's attacks, the most noticable is Uppercut Slice as it moves him more in the air.[br]- New item, health potions.[br]- Items you can pick up now display a message and play a sound.[br]- Collision detection is now completely and utterly fixed and finished. You will no longer have enemies hitting you from long distances even if you're not in their attack radius.[br]- Updated map01, completely removed and replaced the older map01 - It's no longer featured in any releases.[br]- Replaced map01's music, it's a lot better in my opinion because it's more atmospheric and less midi sounding.[br]- There's more changes also, but I don't write them down as I code em.. I just use my memory.

Darksaviour69
October 27th, 2004, 06:32
does this use original models or quake 1 models. i remember hear once that if we replaced all the copyrighted models, textures and sound with our own we could release a a full cd image of quake + mod, i'm i right.

i have not try any of the quake mods for the DC, i must try it some time, with port is the best for mods? RAD or NX

Christuserloeser
October 31st, 2004, 03:06
For mods: MADQuake Finito *8)
...until nxQuake is updated ;D