PDA

View Full Version : Activision Drops Several Vivendi Games

JKKDARK
July 29th, 2008, 19:11
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/894/894588p1.html

Activision today announced that it will be retaining a handful of Vivendi Games' franchises that are a "strong fit with its long-term strategy". The games that have been confirmed as being added to Activision's stable include the Crash Bandicoot, Spyro The Dragon and Ice Age franchises, as well as Prototype and "a second new IP that has not been announced as of yet."

The downside of this announcement is that other Vivendi Games (namely Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Brütal Legend, WET, 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena and World in Conflict: Soviet Assault) are not being kept by Activision. "Activision will not publish other titles that were part of Vivendi Games' portfolio, and it is currently reviewing its options regarding these games" is all Activision would say on the matter when we talked to their Australian PR representative. However, a US spokesperson for Ghostbusters has gone on the record for the title, saying that "the game is absolutely not cancelled."

The news was even more grim for Vivendi Games Mobile and Sierra Online, which were described as "non-strategic business units".

Whether Ghostbusters, Brütal Legend and the rest of the discarded Vivendi games are sold off to new publishers or cancelled outright remains to be seen but it's likely to be a rocky future for these titles.

mooseknuckle2000
July 29th, 2008, 20:28
dammit. I've really been looking forward to the new Ghostbusters game. I hope progress continues.

Sketchy
July 29th, 2008, 21:58
I'm hoping Chronicles of Riddick continues, I thought Escape From Butcher Bay on the origibox was awesome!!

osgeld
July 30th, 2008, 00:06
i hoped for both

but butcher bay did show me what they were about, on the pc version we got a few bad disk's then when we finally got a good one the damn thing wouldnt run on a system far more powerful than it required

going to their forums we were greeted by poor ol regular joe usesr playing tech support, and their phone had a recording to nowhere

i, and im sure a few others swore to avoid universal games from then on ... i didnt appreciate buying 5 bunked copies of a game in a row

i just recently got to play butcher bay on my xbox cause i found it for a buck 99 at the local ma-pa shop, and after all the hassle, it was good, but not worth it years later

glad they were sold off to a responsible company, maybe they can back their games up with alittle quality this time