PDA

View Full Version : Spoofing Firmware

nstern2
October 21st, 2005, 18:31
I have no idea if this is in the right place but here goes. I own burnout legends but have downgraded my psp. I cant play burnout without upgrading my psp but i dont want to lose my emulators. Im pretty sure there is a program that will do this but I cant seem to find it.

parabolee
October 21st, 2005, 18:33
Yeah it's called the WAB version changer. It fools your PSP into thinking it's a later firmware.

nstern2
October 21st, 2005, 18:35

PSP_Newbie
October 21st, 2005, 23:22
also you can use the sxt version changer, but there arent any games yet that need it, so either one is fine

KoolAidMan
October 25th, 2005, 23:55
would a WAB version changer work for Socom Fireteam Bravo and allow me to play online?

ThomasLeFevre
October 28th, 2005, 09:44
also you can use the sxt version changer, but there arent any games yet that need it, so either one is finewere is the sxt version changer and is it in RAR format because i dont have WINRAR and never will can i get a link

ThomasLeFevre
October 28th, 2005, 10:01
were is the sxt version changer and is it in RAR format because i dont have WINRAR and never will can i get a link
NVM i just googled it now i can go buy GTA:LCS and not have to upgrade SWEEETNESSSSSS

Rybotnik
October 30th, 2005, 05:13
NVM i just googled it now i can go buy GTA:LCS and not have to upgrade SWEEETNESSSSSS

If im not mistaken the version changers will NOT allow you to play GTA with 1.5

quzar
October 30th, 2005, 07:29
were is the sxt version changer and is it in RAR format because i dont have WINRAR and never will can i get a link

use 7-zip: http://www.7-zip.org/ It can open a multitude of different archived formats including rar, and can generate archives using the best compression algorithms out there (it's own 7z format).

asterothjames
October 30th, 2005, 11:39
i thought you couldent play gat as well, i hope there will be somehow by the time i but my copy

iball
October 30th, 2005, 20:00
You can't play GTA on 1.5 since GTA was encrypted using the keys from 2.0.
Full emulation of 2.0 firmware on 1.5 has not been implemented, so even that method won't work.
ISO loaders REQUIRE kernel-mode access in order to bypass UMD checks so they won't run on 2.0 since kernel-mode exploits for 2.0 have not been found yet.
And even if the exploits are found, the loaders themselves will have to be updated to support the newly found exploit.
But it's fun watching the script-kiddies on other forums try to run it via some of the loaders, swapping files between different games, thinking it's going to work.
I don't have the heart to tell them that it's never going to work that way, they just seem so determined to keep driving down that blind-alley, running into walls.