PDA

View Full Version : Help plz!! cannot play any games on my PSP

necromanrius
July 30th, 2008, 17:19
So, here's the deal. Bought a PSP slim a year ago with 3.71 M33-2 already installed (well, that's how they're sold in many asain countries). Worked perfectly all this time.
But suddenly, my games won't work. As a note, I keep games and music each on a memory stick. The music works fine, but whenever I load a game, it shows the main loading screen with the PSP logo and it stops there. I have tried waiting for over 30 minutes, it doesn't go past it. I cannot turn off or use the home button so the PSP is effectively frozen.
Does anyone knows why this is happening?
Oh, and I tried going to recovery mode, though I didn't know what to do in there, and when I pressed the exit button in recovery, it just showed at the bottom "exiting recovery" and gets stuck.

Everytime I turned off my PSP by taking off the battery.
I know the memory stick is not at fault, I have tried it on another PSP with the same version and it worked no problem

bah
July 31st, 2008, 12:46
Do games on UMD play OK?

roxfox64
July 31st, 2008, 13:13
How many, and what plugins are you using?

Joneb
August 29th, 2008, 19:14
Has the same problem. Bought one with 3.71-M33 in Asia last week and it won't play any games, neither from mem. stick or UMD. It stops on the PSP-logo. It has been updated to 4.01 M33-2 but the problem remains. The sounds seems to be gone as well....... Have you solved it?

N0C
August 29th, 2008, 20:01
Try a different memory stick. I recently had a similar problem, and the MS turned out to be the culprit.

Joneb
August 29th, 2008, 20:15
Tried different mem.sticks, but the problem remains. I have no plugins installed and hs now even tried original firmware with the same result. When trying to play from UMD I get the same result. It still hangs on the PSP-logo....

Wally
August 30th, 2008, 02:35
Run IDstorage Checker to see if your ID storage is corrupt, if so then run Despart Del Cementario version 7 and restore. (You probably can do it in IDstorage Checker)

pt9087
September 6th, 2008, 04:15
Open UMD drive and unstick the brown tape, works a treat for some but not for others!

Wally
September 6th, 2008, 04:59
Brown Tape?

Wally

pmeth
December 8th, 2008, 03:42
I'm having a very similar problem to this running 4.01 m33-2. Games do not load past the PSP Logo, also recovery menu freezes on Exiting when I try to exit.

Another symptom that I'm not sure if is related, if I put a UMD in the drive, it does not recognize at all (no UMD option appears in the Game menu).

Could the problem be caused by a bad UMD drive?

pt9087, when you say brown tape, do you mean the brown ribbon cable that connects the UMD to the PSP?

Run IDstorage Checker to see if your ID storage is corrupt

Also, where can I find this IDstorage Checker you speak of? I tried googling it but came up empty.

ICE
December 8th, 2008, 05:29
I'm having a very similar problem to this running 4.01 m33-2. Games do not load past the PSP Logo, also recovery menu freezes on Exiting when I try to exit.

Another symptom that I'm not sure if is related, if I put a UMD in the drive, it does not recognize at all (no UMD option appears in the Game menu).

Could the problem be caused by a bad UMD drive?

pt9087, when you say brown tape, do you mean the brown ribbon cable that connects the UMD to the PSP?

Also, where can I find this IDstorage Checker you speak of? I tried googling it but came up empty.

I got the same thing on my slim psp. I have noticed that this helps. Get that fatsmod patch thingy and disable the boot screen. For whatever reason that seems to help. Also if you're freezing when trying to leave recovery go into usb and delete the config file in your seplugins folder. I know its weird but that seems to work sometimes. I have found no real solution at this point.

EDIT: I also get these "symptoms". Sometimes upon boot no icons load. I can access the select menu but nothing else. Also when in a game and resuming from standby the game will freeze but not in a normal way. I cant do anything but I can still hit home and select yes to quit.

Its like the psp is looking for a game to read but not finding it. Games will only boot if it can read a umd in the slot. If its not wanting to see the umd im screwed.

EDIT2: Heres what I have tried.
Firmware update
Pandora downgrade
Booting with umd slot opened
No UMD
Different MS
and pretty much every setting combo you can imagine in recovery.

PSPdemon
December 10th, 2008, 22:04
Ive had issues like these before... it could be many things however all the ones ive come across were because the ribbon connecting the umd drive to the psp got burned. it would still read umds and sound normal just wouldnt be able to play them ( or would lock up the psp )

if your psp has already gone past its crapy sony warrentee then open your psp and check the ribbion and see if it got burnt.

ill upload a example picture of what i mean in a moment so you know what to look for :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

edit: heres the image.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/PSPdemon/burned-psp-umd-drive.png

edit2: just thought id bring this up... this is a PSP-1000 drive, not the PSP-2000 drive... im just giving this as a example of A.) what you should look for and B.) what the possible problem is.

i havent heard yet of any slim model umd drives burning out like this however i figured that since it happened on the 1000...it probably will happen on the 2000 :p

ICE
December 10th, 2008, 22:47
Mine is a slim and my ribbon looks fine.. It's just odd that these problems come and go. I don't know what the variable is!

ICE
January 11th, 2009, 20:03
I felt I should update this. I got the newest pandora (8) and backed up my nand then made new idstorage with the pandora and it seems to have fixed some of the problems. It still has a hard time reading umd's but eboots seem to be booting fine.

pspmoddingelite
January 18th, 2009, 17:11
ok .. so you got pandora and everything right

titan1
February 28th, 2009, 00:19
i have brought the new psp slim and im also having the same problem my umd games do not work as well as the games on my stick its very werid and i dont have a solution but take it back to the shop and get a new psp. i have tried everyithing!!!

i cant not play these games at the logo:confused::confused::confused::confused::confu sed::confused::confused::confused::confused::confu sed: