PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Sega Revisiting Jet Grind Radio Franchise

JKKDARK
July 31st, 2008, 21:46
http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/07/rumor-sega-revi.html

If a new trademark filed by Sega is anything to go by, we may very well find ourselves tagging and blading again in a new Jet Grind Radio game.

The updated trademark is dated July 24th, 2008, and covers every sort of gaming platform imaginable -- video, computer, downloadable, mobile phone, hand-held -- so it remains unclear what sort of plans Sega could have for the franchise.

Kotaku reports that rumors circulating at last weekend's Comic-Con not only mentioned that Sega was planning on revisiting the series, but also that it could be in the form of a Wii release. Tagging with the Wiimote sure sounds like fun to me.

Unfamiliar with the series? Released in 2000, Jet Set Radio pioneered the use of cel-shading, and was one of the best-looking games to come out on the Dreamcast. A sequel, Jet Set Radio Future, was released on the Xbox in 2002.

alanparker05
July 31st, 2008, 22:05
This would have made an excellent game for psp with a direct port of the dreamcast original because it is one of those games with graphics and gameplay that just never ages and would be perfect on a handheld device and probably be one of the psp's must have games but with all the piracy on psp it might never happen

jamotto
July 31st, 2008, 22:27
Jet Set Radio Future wasn't too bad of a game and I could see it coming to the PS3 or Xbox 360.

Darksaviour69
July 31st, 2008, 22:29
XBLA and PSN FTW (just like Rez)

pibs
August 1st, 2008, 02:30
JSFR didn't live up to my expectations when compared to the DC Jet Grind Radio. Then again everything ported from DC aint the same on other consoles.