PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Ac!d teeny weeny review

Tomppa
October 23rd, 2005, 19:55
Audio:
First when I started the game, I right away felt like I had to plug some real speakers in, instead of the original craps, as it seems that the game was not developed for the original speakers, more likely headphones or better speakers. That of course means that the audio is great! (Please keep in mind that this is my opinion, not facts) The music always fits the situation, one thing is still missing! Where, oh where is the speech? That 8-bit Nintendo like beeping while text comes to screen... Sort of disturbing...
7/10

Graphics:
The graphics are, pretty nice. Explosions are OK, gun shots are the classic MGS style, characters are only a little enchanced from the first PC MGS, wich, I say are pretty fine after all. All kinds of details in the areas, like exploding barrels, with the OK looking explosions mentioned before. After all I feel like putting the cpu to 266 after looking at the cutscenes, but the gameplay is smooth enough. Also the anime style graphics while talking to the codec and on some cutscenes are a little extra, the type I like from :)
8/10

Gameplay:
I would call this a very 'tactical' game :p every weapon attack is said in numbers, the odd that it hits, amount and type of bullets.
I.E. Socom, ATK: 20, HIT: 90%, 44 Caliber x 4
This is the type of game I like, as you can see from the numbers I give for it. The better you do in the missions, the more points you get, with points you can buy new cards to your card deck, as 'packs' like the first pack is MGS1 pack, wich includes classical MGS1 weapons and stuff. Gameplay is pretty good, unlikely what you would think about 'card based' MGS...
7/10

Overall:
As the game is tactical, I let the score be too. An average of the above, (that is the way I want tactical stuff to be, mathematical :p ) that makes...
7,33/10

YourStillWithMe
October 24th, 2005, 00:15
Good review i didnt enjoy this game seeing as i bought it, sold it and than my friend gave me his in a bet and i sold it again :) but its nice for viewers to get an idea of how a game is before they buy it!

Good job!

Tomppa
October 24th, 2005, 07:16
Oh thanks... Just realized I got myself on the front page.. :)

PPP(PROWD PSP OWNER)
October 24th, 2005, 10:14
I cannot defeat leone for the 2nd time it is impossible But MGA is a great game

Cap'n 1time
October 24th, 2005, 21:50
well done review.

bobcobb
October 24th, 2005, 22:19
Great game, I loved the tactical part of it, so I never did a review. I figured it would be too one sided.

Tomppa
October 25th, 2005, 14:05
Oh thanks for the positive feedback! With this feedback still coming, I might even post another review from some other game too :)