PDA

View Full Version : SNES-Station bootable without spending money?

brotherofmetal
August 1st, 2008, 12:41
Hi, I've been trying to load SNES-Station for a while. I did everything in the tutorial that came with the download for making a CD version for non-modded PS2's. It simply wont launch. I tried using back up versions of Swap Magic, no luck. I even tried using CogSwapLoader (which apparently is free anyways), burned it on a CD, and my PS2 refuses to recognize it.

My question is, is there anything I can do to get SNES-Station to boot without spending money?

I do not own the slim PS2, I have the old big version.

brotherofmetal
August 2nd, 2008, 08:17
Anyone?

Is this board even alive? :confused:

Eviltaco64
August 2nd, 2008, 09:53
In order for any PS2 to boot emulators, you need to use a.) SwapMagic (which is $30), b.) modchip ($40-$70), c.) Independence Exploit (needs hard drive and also needs an extra hd add on for the slim), or d.) HDLoader ($50 + a HD Adapter and HD).

Anyway you put it, you need to spend money to do it.

brotherofmetal
August 2nd, 2008, 11:46
Thanks for answering.

So there's no way I can put something on a CD or flash drive to make it boot? Bummer. Oh well, thanks anyway.

Cloudhunter
August 2nd, 2008, 11:58
What? You don't need a hard drive for the independence exploit - plus the independence exploit doesn't work on the slim.

The best way of getting started is to install the Free MCBoot - Information can be found on the PSX-SCENE forums. Unfortunately, you'll still need swap magic or an action replay (or any other methods of homebrew) to run the initial installer.

Cloudy

brotherofmetal
August 2nd, 2008, 13:22
What? You don't need a hard drive for the independence exploit - plus the independence exploit doesn't work on the slim.

The best way of getting started is to install the Free MCBoot - Information can be found on the PSX-SCENE forums. Unfortunately, you'll still need swap magic or an action replay (or any other methods of homebrew) to run the initial installer.

Cloudy

Wait, so I don't need anything special for the independence exploit? I have a phat PS2 (non slim), a flash drive, and plenty of CD-RW's. Can I use it to boot SNES-Station in that case?

Tesseract
October 15th, 2008, 23:20
Well... You need a way to get the Independence Exploit onto your MemCard. If you don't have a friend who's already got a hacked PS2 or an AR Max, then you're out of luck.

ATP_Matrix
November 23rd, 2008, 02:53
I found this thread over at the 1emulation forums. I currently don't have any dvd-rs, so let me kow if you had any success.

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28441&pid=295593&st=0&#entry295593