PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Playing This Weekend?

wraggster
August 1st, 2008, 23:23
Last night was our monthly Geek Night in LA, held at Crosswayboy's pad, giving us a double-double of video game indulgence. I believe the line up consisted of Geometry Wars 2, PixelJunk Eden, Wario Land: Shake It!, and Soulcalibur IV, which obviously equals good times. A bit unimpressed by the new Wario Land, partly because of the smooth jazzy soundtrack, and extremely annoyed by the addition of Yoda to SCIV's roster.

This weekend, however, I'll be throwing down with some more PixelJunk Eden, more Soulcalibur IV and maybe even a little bit of Braid on my own time. It's time to take a break before we gear up for the Leipzig Games Convention. Anyway, whatchu playin' this weekend?

http://kotaku.com/5032079/what-are-you-playing-this-weekend

mike_jmg
August 1st, 2008, 23:36
nothing really, just finished silent hill 1 with the BAD ending LOL, I'm not feeling like replaying it to get a different one.

Maybe I'll take Crisis Core for a spin and finish it for good, my dad planed a trip for the weekend so that might be the time to do it

JKKDARK
August 1st, 2008, 23:45
Psobb :)

mcdougall57
August 1st, 2008, 23:59
Soul Calibur IV, if you have an xbox buy it now.

Darksaviour69
August 2nd, 2008, 00:33
Mass Effect, Rez HD and maybe Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2 if i get time (maybe The Club too)

devdj
August 2nd, 2008, 01:26
i'm not playing much as my 360 is acting up and cant seem to read discs properly and no its not the magnet issue cause i fixed that i believe the laser is dying on me as it is a craptachi light drive but enough about that i'm actual trying to the independance exploit on my ps2 via action replay max and usb drive so that i can finally play Fire Pro Wreslting Returns without having to hard mod it.

Veskgar
August 2nd, 2008, 02:17
If free time permits, Halo 3 on XBOX Live, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Chrono Cross on the PSP.

kjetil1991
August 2nd, 2008, 09:58
going to London for a week but im playing coded arms for psp its fun

jaws365
August 2nd, 2008, 10:32
Final Fantasy IV on DS, which is a great game but with lame-ass voice actors. I really wish you could play undubbed like Portraits Of Ruin

goshogun1
August 2nd, 2008, 18:43
Currently playing FF IV DS. Gotta say, I LOVE the new voice actors! They sound just like I imagined them in 92'. And the whole localization is to die for IMO.
For some reason I am very impressed by being able to see what every party member is thinking at every moment in the story via thought bubbles. Really opens up the characters.
I am also playing through Paper Mario on the Wii VC. The game really looks amazing even today. Especially W/O the damn N64 "Blur".

masterchief929
August 3rd, 2008, 01:47
FF IV DS!!! best ds game yet. it has the most captivating storyline of any ds game. good voiced cut-scenes and amazing improved graphics(for the ds).

ICE
August 3rd, 2008, 01:55
Im off on another Smash Bros kick so I'll be pwning everyone on that this weekend :D

RV2006
August 3rd, 2008, 02:40
Most likely I will be playing a mixture of;

- Soul Calibur 4 (PS3)
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
- Psychonauts (PC)
- Total Overdose (PC)

Kulawend
August 3rd, 2008, 07:28
I played a good ol' game of Age of Empires 2.

Brought back memories *tear*

saocore
August 3rd, 2008, 10:52
ill be playing:
cod4 team deathmatch
cod4 free for all
cod4 search and destroy

im seriously addicted to that game

ojdon
August 3rd, 2008, 17:28
Psobb :)

Seconded, although me and my girlfriend have been playing on PSU this weekend.