PDA

View Full Version : Help? Is it safe to play online w/homebrew channel and WADs installed?

96BiT
August 2nd, 2008, 01:59
hey guys,
I just wanted to know if it is safe to play online if you have the homebrew channel and a few WADs installed.
I ask this beacuse I have heard that if you are on WiiConnect24 or play online in a game the system software will scan for homebrew, modchips and installed WADs and will ban your wii from online if any are detected!! :mad:

If this is true please tell me,
Thanks,
96BiT :thumbup:

Kisses^Hugs
August 4th, 2008, 22:03
Yes is this true?

Celor
August 26th, 2008, 01:30
I'd also like to know if it is safe to install the Homebrew Channel. I'd rather not have my Wii banned from online play, :/

CxR2262
August 30th, 2008, 00:22
The reason you guys aren't getting an answer is because its a ridiculous question.

Although no one can honestly tell you YES or NO, except maybe Nintendo representatives, it is safe to assume that nothing will happen. What kind of laws are you breaking? What kind of ability does Nintendo have to ban you from online play? Now if you go out and illegally download music or ROMs of games ESA protected or that you don't own, that might get you in trouble... But I'm sure it hasn't stopped you from doing those things before, has it?

So in short:

--No, they won't ban you for running Homebrew--