PDA

View Full Version : Need help buying a new PSP for emulation

BrandoSerge
October 26th, 2005, 19:38
I'm currently interested in buying a new PSP that is also capable of emulation. From what I gather, versions 1.00 and 1.50 are the only ones that the current emulators work for.

To ensure that I get one of the earliest versions, I've been browsing through a couple of japanese order sites like play-asia, but they do not list which version the PSP product is. One value pack says something like "PSP(1000K)", but does not list a version number in the description at all.

If anyone could direct me as to where I could purchase a PSP capable of emulation, I would be very thankful. However, I am trying to avoid using eBay. Thank you.

PSP_Newbie
October 26th, 2005, 23:10
with the downgrader, you can get any psp up to and including 2.0 and downgrade it to 1.5 for full homebrew and emulation compatibility. and all stores as of now sell 2.0 or lower firmware, so you can get it from anywhere if you are willing to risk downgrading(tho its error-proof if you dont screw up and do something wrong) but if you arent willing to use the downgrader, ive seen the post on psp.news.dcemu.co.uk:
V1.5 PSPs Still Available, Heres the Lowdown
Posted on Tue 25 Oct 2005, 8:39 AM

Fanjita`s excellent Eboot Loader for v2.0 firmware PSPs is a great piece of software but for those who want ease of use then a v1.0 (No chance of getting this firmware version) and also a v1.5 are the best ones to get.

Now a lot of people would never touch a downgrader with a bargepole as the risk of bricking (killing your PSP) is there, there may be a small chance but thats not gonna please the 0.01% who bricked theirs.

Luckily theres still some shops worldwide who have still got v1.5s (Legit and not Claiming falsely) in stock, heres the rundown on who has em and for what price:

Success HK - USD 245.00
Divineo Germany - 299.95 €
Divineo Sweden are selling the Black version for 2590 Kr and the white version for 2690Kr.

Thats just 3 stores that i could find and i bet theres more worldwide although only buy from legit shops and not some Ebay or Email selling scammer.
5 Comments - last comment was by vincesecuricor2005

BrandoSerge
October 26th, 2005, 23:58
Correct. I would like to avoid the use of a downgrader if at all possible.

I checked the three sites that you listed and although they all sold JPN and non-JPN versions of the PSP, none of them listed the version numbers. I would like to be sure of which version I'm getting before I put down the $200+ to buy one.

TelexStar
October 31st, 2005, 15:06
Just to shed a little more light for you...

I've recently come back from Japan (yesterday) and while I was out there I bought a white PSP only to find out that the firmware version is 2.01 out of the box. I don't know about the black ones, you may have more luck with them but I wouldn't order a japanese white PSP if I were you.

I'm personally going to have to sit patiently for a fix for 2.01 (if it ever appears) before I can play homebrew.

iball
October 31st, 2005, 16:09
I concur with PSP Newbie. Excellent write-up there.

TelexStar
October 31st, 2005, 17:53
I concur with PSP Newbie. Excellent write-up there.

Except he's wrong on the point of of "all stores are selling PSP's with firmware versions 2.0 or lower" because in Japan they aren't!

iball
October 31st, 2005, 18:02
Except he's wrong on the point of of "all stores are selling PSP's with firmware versions 2.0 or lower" because in Japan they aren't!
Yes, I forgot that the original poster lives in Japan. Not.

TelexStar
October 31st, 2005, 20:24
Yes, and maybe you also forgot that he mentioned he was looking at various Japanese order sites to purchase his PSP?

Or perhaps you were too busy trying to think of a witty come-back to notice that?

iball
October 31st, 2005, 20:29
And if he buys one today off Amazon or BestBuy he will have one that is 2.0.

TelexStar
October 31st, 2005, 20:51
And if he buys a Japanese import unit, there is a good chance it will be 2.01.

I'm just giving the guy some information to help him out if he was thinking of buying a Japanese unit. I'm not here to have an arguement with you.

iball
October 31st, 2005, 20:54
Well, you're right about the Japanese imports UNLESS the site specifically states it's 2.0 or lower. Still wouldn't trust them though.....
He would probably get it faster through Amazon or BestBuy or from a U.S.-based site.
I've been in war zones and gotten stuff from Amazon in about 10 days or less. Their warehousing and shipping systems are immense.

amoo3
October 31st, 2005, 21:48
EBGames here in the US sells v1.00

iball
October 31st, 2005, 23:07
Good Lord, that's some old inventory stock there. Jump on it.

amoo3
November 1st, 2005, 01:21
it was either 1.5 or 1.00 ... no promises....

TelexStar
November 1st, 2005, 10:17
Indeed. It's risky but you could buy a few and make a small profit on ebay...?