PDA

View Full Version : Why won't this work......

nyipsp
October 27th, 2005, 00:59
Hey guys. I just got a PSP, downgraded to 1.5, and am having no problems w/ all of the homebrew apps. Today I tried to connect my PSP to the internet through my wireless router, and I'm unable to connect. I have a Belkin Pre-N Router, and I temporarily disabled my wireless security/FW/MAC control while troubleshooting. My PSP always detects my network when I scan for it, but when I finally try to test the connection, I can NEVER connect. I either get connection error 80110482, or sometimes a message that the connection to the access point was dropped. I've tried both auto and static configurations, as well as my neighbor's unsecured linksys router, and can never connect.

I read somewhere that upgrading the PSP FW to 2.0 may help w/ connection problems, but I don't want to lose my homebrew ability and I don't even know if the upgrade would help at all. Is it possible that my PSP is defective? Any input would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks a lot.

PSP_Newbie
October 27th, 2005, 01:23
a lot of ppl have trouble with the networking, but i dont think its an issue w/ the psp
make sure of everything like do u have all the ip adresses filled up? do u have address reservations? any security u might not have turned off? can u connect w/ a laptop?

nyipsp
October 27th, 2005, 01:47
I am able to connect w/ my laptop. I've went into the router's setup page and turned off all security. I've also tried connecting automatically, as well as manually entering in IP & DNS addresses.

Is it worth upgrading to firmware 2.0, testing the internet connection, and then downgrading back to 1.5?

Plod
October 27th, 2005, 03:17
When I got my PSP it was running 1.52 and I had a nightmare of a time trying to connect wirelessly. I upgraded to 2.00 and never looked back.

I'm using an Apple Airport Express 802.11b/g

Plod

nyipsp
October 27th, 2005, 06:15
Thanks a lot Plod. Your post made me decide to upgrade to 2.0, and sure enough, I connect RIGHT AWAY. I guess it's either homebrew or internet......