PDA

View Full Version : Problem getting UK UMD movie working on JP 1.50 PSP

Porl
October 27th, 2005, 18:32
Hi guys,

Im new here, i've been lurking for a while but didnt really have a question to ask ...until now.

I just recieved in the post my copy of The Evil Dead UMD movie (uk region 2) and i popped it into my Japanese 1.50 PSP. I notice that in the >Game< menu there is an Upgrade to Firmware 1.52 umd icon. So i ignore it and run the firmware tricker to "upgrade" to 1.52. I then click on the UMD in >Video< to play it and i get the message "This disc cannot be played".

I thought,ok i'll just "update" to 2.00. But i still get the same message and the movie doesn't play.

Im getting the little preview of the movie and the background changes, just like with a game.

Im stumped... does anyone know how to get round this? or has anyone had the same problem? I was under the impression that UK UMD's would work on my JP PSP because they are the same region?

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Porl''

bcj_i
November 8th, 2005, 19:28
i'm resonably new to the psp world, but im pretty sure if you have a jap psp, only jap umd movies play on it. SOrry to disapoint. There is a way around it tho, download the umd onto your memory card. It can be done, but im sorry i cant guide you through this (ill get lost lol) btw your'll need a umd writer. Hope i was of some help.[QUOTE]

flaming_carrot
November 8th, 2005, 20:12
Yeah, same thing here...With Donnie Darko (uk) on Japanese PSP. Didn't try to upgrade though, so I can't comment on that. Japan is region 2 so should work with European UMD movies. I think my spiderman umd is european though I don't know and can't check right now. I don't know anything about the PSP so I'm afraid I can't be of any more help, although I'm also very interested in solution...

groovemaster303
November 8th, 2005, 21:57
I have a jap psp too and got Disc cannot be displayed too so i figured i'd upgrade to 2.00 as i wanted to play GTA and can still play my snes and neogeo emus.
i used the 2.00 upgrade on the GTA (UK) disc and everything is fine even the emus.
the time is coming i think when Firmware 1.5 is gonna become obsolete.
why have 1.5 if you can't play the latest games and movies.