PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me please!!

fishy1971
October 30th, 2005, 22:34
Hi, had my xbox modded years ago, think it was a evox chip, and every was good with the abox until i wanted to start FTP'ing from xbox to pc.
I followed some instructions online and was told to change some settings or file name or something like that i cant remember.
Anyhow got it all working, but since then I have never been able to play a dvd on the machine again.
I was always able to using the controller, but after messing with the files on the c: of the xbox im sure I have messed it up.
No i did not back up the files before doing this!!
Could it also be something to do with the bios, as i have also done a update with a disk ages ago and maybe hte problem started then?
Anyhow It just niggles me that the dvd has not worked for yonks so can anyone advise me, or can I download a batch of c: files for the xbox from anywhere?
Cheers

Jdemon
November 8th, 2005, 00:06
I don't think that is anything you could have messed up. Is it possible you changed a setting on your Dashboard that would disable your DVD? Perhaps your chip is becoming faulty or not switching on. A standard Xbox won't play DVDs without the remote unit.

plungmonies
November 8th, 2005, 04:13
simple, just install one of the homebrew dvd players or use a newer build of xbmc.