PDA

View Full Version : Pc Engine Cd Compatibilty List?

JACKBURTON
October 31st, 2005, 13:15
HI
Does any one know where i can get a complete list of pc engine super cd games that work with the pc engine 0.7 emu so far iv gotten to work:

Cotton
Dracula X
Forgotten worlds
Ys

What others work as soo many to try out i will try and post as many as i possibly can that are fully working and if anyone else can that would be really cool

Thanks as always

Bloodsack
November 2nd, 2005, 00:43
HI
Does any one know where i can get a complete list of pc engine super cd games that work with the pc engine 0.7 emu so far iv gotten to work:

Cotton
Dracula X
Forgotten worlds
Ys

What others work as soo many to try out i will try and post as many as i possibly can that are fully working and if anyone else can that would be really cool

Thanks as always

I did a list awhile ago, but lost the list I did. Theirs still a lot of games not working. but Dracula X works great.....

geise69
November 3rd, 2005, 17:34
Try HUE 0.61a2. It plays SCD games faster. One drawback is sometimes in some games the music tracks are screwed up. However mostly all the SCD/CD games i tried at least loaded and played. Some with and without music, all full speed with a better screen size. Also HUE when it plays the cda tracks they actually loop. PCE v0.7 will stop after the track finishes. Here's a quick list from my personal stash that runs on HUE. So this will be an HUE compatability list for version 0.61a2. HUE 0.62pre doesn't play any CDA for some reason so i'm not using it at the moment.

Spriggan -works (without sound)
Spriggan 2 - works
Steam Hearts - doesn't work
Shubibin Man 3 - works
Rayxanber II - works(without sound)
Rayxanber III - works
Dracula X - works (gfx errors, wrong cda tracks play at certain parts)
Ys Book I&II - works
Ys III - works
Ys IV - doesn't work
Lords of Thunder - works
Gates of Thunder - works (sound errors)
Monster Lair - works (gfx errors)
Terraforming - works (no cda)
Macross 2036 - works
Download 2 - works
Psychic Force - works
Nexzer - works (plays cda but no sound)
Dragon Slayer - works

When I try others I might eventually post a full list. Hope this helps.

gutzalpus
November 5th, 2005, 08:47
Are you able to get the File Cabinet feature working at all? The problem I have with Ys is the file cabinet doesn't work (gets wiped out after quitting out of the emulator) and save states don't work, so there's no way to save progress in the game. I desperately want to be able to play Ys Book I&II again, so it would be great if they got this working.

geise69
November 7th, 2005, 19:21
Yeah it looks like the save state feature is broke in this release. I don't know why it would be. I know v0.61a will save. That plays Ys book I&II really well. This new release is kind of screwy. So if you want to play Ys use v0.61a.

BTW how are you guys with cd sound in the new release of HUE? i can't get sound to work in any of my games. The last 2 versions was fine.

gutzalpus
November 7th, 2005, 22:15
will 0.61a play the cd audio mp3 files?

geise69
November 8th, 2005, 16:30
Yes it will. I used babelfish on E's webpage for HUE and it says that save state and mp3 playback is broken in the newest release. If you want to play most of your iso files with mp3 playback use 0.61a.